Moshi, Uppercase, or? Keyboard cover.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by diapple, Jan 2, 2014.

1. diapple macrumors newbie

Hi! I recently purchased a late 2013 Macbook pro with retina 15" and was wondering what the best keyboard cover was. My hands tend to get sweaty and in the past I've always had lint of something get under the keys. I do plan on removing it when I close the laptop since I've heard quite a number of people complain that it leaves imprints on the screen. I just want something super thin that fits the keys correctly.

I've heard a lot of positive things about Moshi but I was also wondering about Uppercase since I noticed them on amazon.

2. iamfredrik macrumors member

I bought a high quality 0.1mm thick tpu keyboard cover from ebay for a fraction of the cost of those you mentioned.

3. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

As long as you remove it before closing the laptop you should be fine..

I can't find the support article, (will look) but Apple is stating you shouldn't use keyboard covers for retina late 2013 models because there's not enough room for the keyboard cover and screen when closed.

4. iamfredrik macrumors member

I don't think there will be any problem with 0.1mm thickness. I think the support article refers to thicker covers made out of silicone. The one I bought is designed for the retina MBP.

5. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

ahh here's the kb article..

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4384

I don't use a keyboard cover and I can see imprints of the keys on my monitor just dust/etc not physical imprints, so the space is pretty tight. Just can't keep it on there when it's closed.