mosiac has me messed up

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Original poster
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
ok after watching mosiac play with my photos for like 15min (very cool), i can not work on my screen without feeling as if the windows are zooming in (wierd how mosiac zooms out but now my screen seems to zoom in lol)

ugh i wont watch that again ahah

anyone else have this problem :p

Joedy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
Yes, me too.

It's a very strange and freaky sensation.

After watching a few cycles of Mosiac and then going back to the desktop, I get a vertigo sensation. It's almost like the iMac screen keeps wanting to "grow" larger.

Any others?

-joedy

Comment

Tragedies

macrumors 6502
Aug 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I've actually heard many people say they've had very similiar experiences, and I won't be surprised if it hapens to me too qwhen my upgrade disk arrives (it's late =().

Comment

Tygernoot

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2003
Brussels
Yes, it's normal :). It's a sort of optical illusion.

Your eyes get used to watching a photo that constantly shrinks. So if you watch the effect for too long and then look at something static (e.g. a picture), your brain thinks that it will shrink. However, the image stays the same size so you see the picture coming at you.

Not a very scientific explanation, but I hope you understand what I mean :p.

Comment

fanbrain

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2005
So. UT
It's the same sensation I get after driving for hours (10+). As you drive you watch the road pass underneath you, then when you stop for a break or something, it seems as if the ground is still moving.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.