mosiac has me messed up

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dukebound85, Nov 4, 2007.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ok after watching mosiac play with my photos for like 15min (very cool), i can not work on my screen without feeling as if the windows are zooming in (wierd how mosiac zooms out but now my screen seems to zoom in lol)

ugh i wont watch that again ahah

anyone else have this problem :p

2. Joedy macrumors member

Yes, me too.

It's a very strange and freaky sensation.

After watching a few cycles of Mosiac and then going back to the desktop, I get a vertigo sensation. It's almost like the iMac screen keeps wanting to "grow" larger.

Any others?

-joedy

3. Tragedies macrumors 6502

I've actually heard many people say they've had very similiar experiences, and I won't be surprised if it hapens to me too qwhen my upgrade disk arrives (it's late =().

4. Tygernoot macrumors member

Yes, it's normal :). It's a sort of optical illusion.

Your eyes get used to watching a photo that constantly shrinks. So if you watch the effect for too long and then look at something static (e.g. a picture), your brain thinks that it will shrink. However, the image stays the same size so you see the picture coming at you.

Not a very scientific explanation, but I hope you understand what I mean :p.

5. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

You are not alone, see this thread

I felt really sick after doing this.

6. fanbrain macrumors 6502

fanbrain

It's the same sensation I get after driving for hours (10+). As you drive you watch the road pass underneath you, then when you stop for a break or something, it seems as if the ground is still moving.