Mossberg Re-evaluates iP4 after 6 weeks

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OC513, Jul 29, 2010.

1. OC513 macrumors 6502

2. ramallite macrumors member

That's a new one - touching the black band can make the bars go up?? That's quite ridiculous....I imagine he must have been stroking it or something. Otherwise, I agree, it's a pretty good review.

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Nice article. Seems pretty unbiased. It's unfortunate that an article about a smartphone has to focus mostly on its call reception rather than its awesome features. Maybe over the next few years Apple will figure this phone thing out.

4. Statusnone88 macrumors 65816

Statusnone88

Anyone that doesn't get it yet is completely dense.

In a good signal area, you won't notice a big difference (or any at all) of signal loss, even if the "bars" drop a bit.

In a mediocre to low signal area, you can literally make web pages stop loading and drop your 3G or E data just by touching the hash mark in the frame. Can't tell you how many saved speed tests I have on the phone, in the same location, within 2 minutes from each other of the data speeds being GREATLY different. I'll hang on to these in case in the near future Apple happens to do a hardware revision and they ask for proof of my signal attenuation. :)

5. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Not a big Mossberg fan, but I mostly agree with this review. It was pretty well written and unbiased. In the past he has seemed too apple biased at times to me, yet if you look at the comments there are already some people blasting him calling him anti-apple. :rolleyes:

6. ramallite macrumors member

Yes yes but this is the first time that I can tell that anybody claimed that the bars actually go up when touching/covering the black band - regardless of what that does (or doesn't do) to the call quality.