Most Accurate Weather Predictions

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by barr08, Jul 15, 2013.

1. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Has anyone found a legitimately accurate weather prediction website/app? I use Google weather, which seems to be pretty inaccurate.

In your experience, what weather prediction service is the most accurate?

Thanks!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've used three, Accuweather, Yahoo! Weather, and Weather Bug. They are all usually pretty consistent. I like anything I can see a map and use the time lapse feature to see the storm coming in. Based on the predictions and the history of movement over the last hour, usually it is fairly easy to see roughly when it will storm. We've had a lot of rain in NC recently and I've used that to gauge doing yard work or just going out on my bike and such.

I rarely just take the forecast with anything more than a grain of salt unless I'm looking at hourly predictions. I think weather.com also does 15 minute intervals.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The most accurate are the NWS technical discussions, very complex reading but usually accurate.

4. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Sometimes I think that people underestimate the difficulty of "accurately" predicting the weather.

If you want good accuracy (I don't actually know what this means in this case), you should move to the peninsula south of San Francisco. The weather barely changes, so the weather predictions are often spot on!

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

If you want accurate real time data use wunderground.com. A nationwide network of weather stations.

6. barr08 thread starter macrumors 65816

barr08

This site is great. Thanks!

Weather is definitely hard to predict, but there's no reason not to pursue the best predictions! Some are definitely better than others.

7. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

8. Kissaragi macrumors 68020

I like weatherpro on the iphone/ipad. Its more accurate than the default app in the uk

9. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Don't mind me; I just felt like being a bit cheeky at the time. :p

10. lexvo macrumors 65816