Most advisable browser

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by dcaccount, Aug 6, 2014.

1. dcaccount macrumors regular

Hello,

Can you please advise what is in your opinion the most advisable browser for my IPad Air, Safari included?

I have always only used Safari but lately it have started looking for something else because of the continuos refreshes.

What would you advise? Thanks, daniele

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

As far as performance goes at least there's really not much out there that would do better than Safari since all iOS browsers use the same rendering engine as Safari uses but without access to the faster Safari JavaScript engine.

That said, some worthwhile ones to check out might be Chrome, Coast, Mercury, and iCab.

3. Hustler macrumors 6502

Hustler

Just an FYI, the web browser Puffin see is the best one that I have used yet to use flash, it's not as good as a desktop but at least it pulls the job off.

4. akhilleus macrumors member

I prefer Chrome on my computer, but when it comes to tablets and phones, I default to Safari. Maybe it's a force of habit since it's the default, but it ain't broke for me, so I ain't fixing it.

5. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi

I use Atomic Browser.

It's not had an update in an age but after using it for several months I have had NO tab refreshes at all.

I also use :

Dolphin and chrome.

6. philosopherdog macrumors 6502a

philosopherdog

Safari is a revolutionary mobile browser. It's fast, stable and Google uses it's open source rendering engine for Chrome. There's Chrome (bad interface), Atomic, Mercury and Dolphin. I use them all. But since only Safari can handle links natively you will find them inconvenient. Links from youtube will open in chrome however. Anyhow, Safari is by far the best mobile browser in the world. Without WebKit and Safari there would be no smart phone. Period.

7. jpadhiyar macrumors regular

Here is good article on why you should use Safari on your iOS device.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Right now I use Safari on my iOS devices since currently it performs the best. However in iOS 8 Apple will allow third party browsers to use the same Javascript engine that Safari uses and at that point I will switch to using Chrome since that's what I use on my Mac.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

Interesting. Was that mentioned somewhere? I thought I was on top of iOS 8 related news, but I don't think I recall coming across that (or I'm somehow just completely not recalling it).

10. EdgardasB macrumors 6502a

EdgardasB

WWDC keynote ;)

11. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

They mentioned it during the keynote, but 9to5 Mac has an article talking about it. It'll not only improve third party web browsers, but also those built in web browsers for apps like Twitter.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

Thanks. Must have just completely slipped my mind.

13. dovahkiin691 macrumors newbie

Use safari browser, google chrome can be good if you use it on desktop and want to sync your bookmarks and stuff easily.