Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
So I do not know what button combo this does or what ****ing purpose it servers for but it drives me nuts.

It only happens in safari as I am aware. Every now and then while browsing if my finger is on the trackpad the safari page will almost like zoom out/zoom in and the page becomes blurry. I cannot get click anything/refresh on that page, basically have to close the tab.

I tried going to edit - actual size -- nothing.
I tried command + scroll up/down -- nothing.

This is honestly driving me off the wall, wtf do i activate when this happens and what is it?

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Its the double tap to zoom function if Im not mistaken.

Double tap again to zoom out.

Didn't read. Ignore me. Carry on.

steveza

macrumors 68000
Feb 20, 2008
UK
Moving 2 fingers apart on the track pad zooms in. Move 2 fingers towards each other to recover.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Its the double tap to zoom function if Im not mistaken.

Double tap again to zoom out.

Didn't read. Ignore me. Carry on.

Nope :)

Moving 2 fingers apart on the track pad zooms in. Move 2 fingers towards each other to recover.

This doesn't even work on my trackpad..

Its something to do when my finger is down towards the button/click area and the other is moving on the actual trackpad.. Or I think so at least

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Nope :)

This doesn't even work on my trackpad..

Its something to do when my finger is down towards the button/click area and the other is moving on the actual trackpad.. Or I think so at least

You can see all the lion trackpad gestures on the apple site win example how to do them but I'm not sure any are meant to any are meant to make your screen blurry

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Here is a screenshot, it just happened to be gmail of course when it happened so I had to cut most of the **** out.\

But look on the side where it says Mail, Sent.. etc. Also up top.

Thats exactly how it looks, not quality degradation in screenshot. Stuff just seems blurred out, also if I close the tab and reopen it, then everything looks fine. Again this just happened to be gmail it happens on any other site..

Last edited:

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
Looks like Safari is zooming in ever so slightly due to a bug. If that's the case then cmd-0 should restore it.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Looks like Safari is zooming in ever so slightly due to a bug. If that's the case then cmd-0 should restore it.

I will have to remember this command and next time it happens to use it.

Cause now what I do is curse the hell out of safari/macbook, this *feature*? pisses me off the most out of everything.

soco

macrumors 68030
Dec 14, 2009
Yardley, PA
Just wanted to point out that your email address is still visible at the top of Safari.

I have forwarded it to the Nigerian prince...

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Just wanted to point out that your email address is still visible at the top of Safari.

I have forwarded it to the Nigerian prince...

Yah ****... thats another reason I did not want to put a gmail screen up.. I knew i would forget something LOL.

Oh well, i removed the image. Spam away whoever has it..

Ill remember the commands on here next time I get the issue tho.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
I think it's a bug. I get this a lot to and the way I fix it is by zooming in and then zooming back out. I hope Apple fixes it soon.

GermanyChris

macrumors 601
Jul 3, 2011
Here
The most *********g annoying thing about Lion is the Snow Leopard posters posting about how they'll never switch to Lion..though we know they will..

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
The most *********g annoying thing about Lion is the Snow Leopard posters posting about how they'll never switch to Lion..though we know they will..

Just wait until 10.8 is released. Then Lion will be the "best OS X ever" and 10.8 will be "the worst."

mainstay

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2011
BC
are you talking about:

control + wheel mouse?

Open System Preferences
Select Keyboard or Mouse or Trackpad
Disable/Enable "Zoom while holding Control"

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.