Most annoying scratch in the world

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Djchaos, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Djchaos macrumors newbie

well i have had my phone for about a month now and it hasnt had any protection on the screen. but just the other day i dropped it and now it has a long scratch going through about half the screen. it is really bothering me since i can see it whenever the phone is on. so i was wondering what i should do about it. would a screen protector hide it well enough? should i try one of those applesauce polish things that supposedly get scratches out? any help would be appreciated, thanks!

2. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

Really sorry about the scratch. I put a screen protector as soon as I opened the box. See this link for polish recommendations.

3. slapguts macrumors 6502a

slapguts

Check with automotive windshield shops. Alot of the time they can polish out a scratch in glass. Not sure what it will cost, but probably a lot less than $250.

4. TMA macrumors 6502a

TMA

Abrasive polishing products can sometimes help. For iPods "Brasso" and plenty of elbow grease definitely helps rub out scratches (actually what you're doing is removing layers of the surrounding areas but the end effect is the same) - Though i've no experience of how well this technique works on the iPod Touch/iPhone with their glass screens.

Alternatively, I think www.ifixit.com and a few others might be able to supply a replacement.