Most anticipated gadget of 2012 Apple iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sukhraj, Jan 7, 2012.

1. sukhraj, Jan 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2012

sukhraj macrumors newbie

Steve Jobs may no longer be with us - but it appears his legacy lives on as strong as ever with Apple's products still probably the most desirable and anticipated gadgets for the masses.
    Case in point: the iPhone 5. Apple's next device may not have even been announced (or finished in design yet for all we know) but that hasn't stopped it topping a list of the most anticipated gadgets of the coming year. In fact, according to a recent survey 74% of people asked are hankering after it.

We're slightly dubious about the claims - only because the poll also suggests that 71% also voted for the iPad 3 and 68% for Nintendo's Wii U. We were always taught at school that percent meant "out of a hundred" so we don't understand how they're doing their maths.
    1,916 British adults were questioned (a nice round number then) and the official bumph from a chap called Mark Pearson reads something like this:
    "Products such as the iPhone and iPad are always going to be popular, but the release of the Wii U looks set to be a big hit as it’s the first real upgrade that the console has had.
    "The fact that we’ve even had searches on the website for some of the products on the list already just goes to prove how hotly anticipated they are," he added.
    If you're interested in what else makes up this slightly odd list, feast your eyes below. And do let us know what your own 2012 most wanted gadget is in the comments section.
    [Source- Mobot and Tech Gadget]

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Source? Sounds like CNet to me.

3. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

Or SukhrajNet ... Lol

Hey .. Joke ... No racism intended

4. sukhraj thread starter macrumors newbie

no its Isayusay.net

Hey .. it's Joke

5. Zxxv macrumors 68040

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

too funny. 60+ million in the uk and they ask how many (insert biggest ever laughing emoticon)

and you take their survey seriously :)

6. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Reminds me of the ads you see on TV for female beauty products.
    75% of 78 women agree this cream makes you look 20 years younger.
    99% of 21 women agree these eyedrops make you slimmer…

Useless statistics.

7. sukhraj thread starter macrumors newbie

hahaha too funny

8. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Or the iPad 3 as well.

10. sukhraj thread starter macrumors newbie

these are not so important as compared to iPhone5

11. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

That's the beauty of these forums !

Speculation and theory.

12. jj48 macrumors regular

Obviously people were asked for each gadget, whether or not they were looking forward to it's release. Each could have gotten a percentage between 0 and 100.

I'm not sure why people are suggesting that 1,916 is an insufficient sample size to draw conclusions from. You can hardly expect them to survey a million or more people. Above a certain threshold, as long as the survey participants are representative of the population as a whole, the study is valid.

Having said this, I doubt that these 1,916 adults were representative at all. Probably respondents to a poll on a tech website or something stupid.

13. matttye macrumors 601

The reason the percentages add up to more than 100% is most likely because people were allowed to vote for more than one option, e.g. "I want an iPhone AND the wii u"

Logical thinking, you (or whoever wrote that article) should try it :p

14. bniu macrumors 6502a

according to the tick tock cycle of Apple releasing new iPhones, I've always found myself to be quite disappointed with the "tock" releases (3G,4) and quite pleased with the "tick" releases (3GS,4S). It seems the "tock" ones are just not that refined as they could be. Like the iPhone 3G lacked 480p output, video camera, quality still camera, RAM, storage capacity, headphone volume controls, etc. 3GS fixed all that. 4 lacked higher capacities, lacked a 2nd core, and didn't deliver full 1080p HD, took forever to release a white version, did not have a combined cdma+gsm model, while the 4S fixes all of that. Every "tock" cycle just seems to be an exterior facelift while the "tick"s actually go under the hood and produce some real mustard. I like my products to look nice but at the end of the day, I want more mustard!

15. iFactoryUnlock macrumors newbie

iFactoryUnlock

We are iPhone fanatics over here so we will probably all upgrade our new iPhone 4S models to 5...then 6....7. Total fanatics where I work. If Apple sold an iBrick we would have at least 12 people with one.

16. thenerdal macrumors 65816

I'm waiting for Windows 8 and Wii U to come out already.

17. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I'm waiting for my dinner ....

18. bniu macrumors 6502a

oh I definitely am an iPhone fanatic as well! If I had any discipline, I'd follow my own advice, but since I don't, I guess I'll be in line for iPhone 5 this fall :D

19. akdj macrumors 65816

akdj

There are over 300,000,000 here in the US. Take a look sometime to see the sample size Neilson receives for weekly television viewing,..or Arbitron, in radio. If...as , mentioned earlier...the sample is a direct representation of the market, demographically and gender...and the survey was correctly given...it could be considered (at least relatively close) to valid. The UK isn't huge but it would need to be representative of the population as a 'whole'

Lol...sound like me. Guilty as charged. I bought the Apple double A batteries and charger. :eek:

J