Most Apps Do Not Startup

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sandman1969, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Sandman1969, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013

Sandman1969 macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

I recently updated my phone to 7.0.3. Like a dummy, I thought it had already put the image on it and was in the final reboot and I unhooked it from the computer.

It hung on the "Insert to iTunes". I was able to get past that point and get it updated.
    However from that point on the majority of my apps will not open now. They simply show the start-up screen and then vanish. If I double click the home.. the app is shown running but as soon as I click on it it blinks and vanishes.

I have done a full restore from backup again. And I have tried deleting a bad app and reinstall it and it does the same thing.

Any other pointers on what I could try?

Google Maps, Find My Phone, Yahoo Fantasy Football, ESPN FF App, Facebook, LinkedIn are just a tiny list of the apps that don't work.

2. Namji macrumors 6502a

Namji

I had similar issues last night... I connected to iTunes to sync my iPhone and several apple made apps ( iMovie, iPhoto, Pages, Numbers ) was reinstalling and just hanging and not doing anything.. So I deleted all the apps and reinstalled them. I think this might be a bug found.

3. Sandman1969 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sandman1969

Ok I have tried the purchasing a random free app to supposedly re"Authenticate with the App Store.

Getting ready to try Deauthorize my Mac and Reauthorize. Then supposedly resyncing the iPhone can fix the problem.

Next one will be uncheck ALL apps, sync it. the Check all the apps I want back on it and sync again.

Guess the next thing is to do a wipe and restore just the contacts and calendar and reset up my email. And install one app and see if that helps. REALLY don't want to start from scratch. Has to be a simpler fix. Odd that a few apps do work, though most don't. Of course they are the ones I use a lot.