Most awesome case ever! i+Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by buddybd, Oct 14, 2011.

1. buddybd, Oct 14, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2011

buddybd macrumors 6502

2. Certinfy macrumors 6502a

Certinfy

3. Youngmoney23 macrumors newbie

Thats a sick bumper type case. I would if it would go towards the cost of the case when available.

EDIT: oops maybe I should of read the info and not just watched the video. Damn $65 for a case thats not available yet. Reminds me of the whole Vapor cases that everyone preordered and waited on forever.

4. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

$65 for a bumper? no thanks. the name is really misleading. far from a case :rolleyes:

5. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

not sold on this one, it leaves your i4s front and back open and prone to scratches. It only protects sides

6. darkside flow macrumors 6502

That is freaking sick! But overpriced and offers little protection.

7. buddybd thread starter macrumors 6502

Ya you get to preroder for 65USD. I just did!

8. WytRaven macrumors 6502

"Finally a case that compliments and protects your phone"

How exactly does that case protect anything? All it has done is cover the steel antenna of the iPhone with an aluminium surround. Drop that on the ground and it will break just as easily as a naked one would.

Personally I think the original iPhone design looks better on it's own.

9. fjrabon macrumors regular

I'm not sure how it would actually protect your phone though. The aluminum would still transfer nearly the full amount of energy to your phone if you dropped it on the side. The front and back are completely unprotected. And it seems like the aluminum would interfere with the antennas. ?

I don't see the point here at all. Of course it's one of the more attractive cases, but it seems to me like all it does is make your phone more bulky and make the reception worse. Without providing any protection, except maybe keeping the sides from getting scratched (which isn't a problem to begin with).

10. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

It's a bumper not a case.

It sure looks cute but I'm doubting it will protect my phone from a drop face flat.

11. fjrabon macrumors regular

yeah, and it's a bad bumper at that. The whole point of bumpers is that they're made of some sort of rubberized or otherwise energy absorbing materials. Aluminum is one of the least energy absorbing materials in the world (hence its use in aluminum bats).

12. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jay42

I totally agree. This was my first thought when I saw it. Not really sure what the point of it is??

It's a good looking case, but not as good looking as the naked phone, IMHO. I'll just stick with my front and back screen shields (no pun intended).

13. ron808 macrumors regular

ron808

cosmetics.

they are just like face/ boobs/ nose lifts. all for boosting one's self confidence and aesthetics.

14. deejaystkyrice macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I dunno if it's just me but that would make my iphone4s look like my old iPhone 3G.

15. spikefood macrumors regular

They want $15,000 for a case that wont protect anything. :confused:

16. IlliniDude macrumors regular

the iPhone is known to have low self-esteem, so this is a very valuable feature.

17. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

It is like Kim Kardashian case, low on useability high on fluff :)