Most bizarre college courses!

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I once wandered into a lecture on terrorism by mistake. It was only when it got to the end and the lecturer mentioned assignments that I realised I was in the wrong place :eek:

Comment

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
I once wandered into a lecture on terrorism by mistake. It was only when it got to the end and the lecturer mentioned assignments that I realised I was in the wrong place :eek:
That was the first lesson. How to make people think you are not terrorists :p.

Comment

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
In undergrad I took a class called murder. It had a sociology classification. Basically taught you how to examine murders and why they were done and who is the likely suspect. Really popular course, 500 people in the class and more would how up just to listen.

Comment

Rodimus Prime

macrumors G4
Oct 9, 2006
It looks like some classes I think would be interest to take. honestly I would want to take the Star Trek one. Now knowing how a lot of college honor College system work I have a feeling a lot of those class fall into that system so any of the normal students are SOL and stuck with a very limited choices to fill some core credits.

Comment

Ttownbeast

macrumors 65816
May 10, 2009
In undergrad I took a class called murder. It had a sociology classification. Basically taught you how to examine murders and why they were done and who is the likely suspect. Really popular course, 500 people in the class and more would how up just to listen.
The most likely suspect is the dude spending the entire term auditing the course not on the class roles taking notes and not officially there for the letter grade--either that or the spouse or lover with the obsession for cop shows like CSI and those crime programs on TRU TV LOL

Comment

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Social Science 89: intro to gangs
Social Science 120: intro to transnational gangs
Social Science 164C: intro to prison gangs

I got A+++++ in all of them:D

And the most weirdest class of all in my school is

Biological Sciences 199: the anatomy of creatures in the world of Harry Potter

Comment

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
The most likely suspect is the dude spending the entire term auditing the course not on the class roles taking notes and not officially there for the letter grade--either that or the spouse or lover with the obsession for cop shows like CSI and those crime programs on TRU TV LOL

Extra 50 or so would show up. It was at UW.

Comment

Xavier

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Not really "bizarre" in the sense that the class was outrageous, but "bizarre" in terms of the content.

Electronic Music History. Excellent course and I loved it. Everything from Xenakis to Girl Talk.

Iannis Xenakis - Metastasis

Comment

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
That's not exactly true. The Beckham one was part of a module, not the course itself. It was actually about the "sociological importance of football" (according to wiki).

Didn't Zoidberg study Art History? He's not doing so well.

Comment

ltldrummerboy

macrumors 68000
Oct 15, 2007
Just went through the Fall class list at my school and found "yoga for educators". I don't know what to make of that one. I guess a prerequisite is that you have your degree in education.

Comment

ejb190

macrumors 65816
The more shocking part to me was the fact that Horticulture is listed among the lowest paying majors! I guess people just don't value their green spaces...

I don't see what's strange about Golf Management. A golf course is a business with it's own ins and outs.

Comment