Most Common MacBook Pro Problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by miraland, Jun 28, 2011.

1. miraland macrumors newbie

Hey guys. I would like to know what is the most common problem you have with your macbook pro. I'd be great if you could share it here. When I first bought my mac, my internet connection was really fast (using Wifi home router). But now after 2 years, it became slower and slower even though I've use programs like Onyx.

Does anyone knows how to solve this problem?

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I had a problem with slow internet (even losing it sometimes) and I changed a setting on my router (think it was channel/band or something). It solved it for me. It happens if there is interference, even something like a new fridge can interfere. Worth a shot.

3. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

My most common problem is being glued to it from morning until night. :apple::eek:

4. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

+1 Yeah, I thought about starting a support group but just can't step away from my MBP long enough to do it...

5. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

I haven't had any problems so far. Love using it as it's fast and looks great. :apple:

6. riptideMBP macrumors 6502

my only issue is that the automatic keyboard backlighting doesn't seem to work very well (though the display changes beautifully)

7. Apple 26.2 Contributor

Apple 26.2

That doesn't sound like an MBP problem, sounds like an internet connection problem.

8. dsio macrumors regular

9. zettahertz macrumors newbie

I had to change the channel on the wireless router also. Too many neighbors was on channel 11.

Was having issues with connecting to the shared folders on PCs on the network using wifi, but worked great with ethernet wire.

10. AmbiguousNinja macrumors regular

AmbiguousNinja

I've had literally no problems with my Macbook Pro, it's pretty much flawless! Exactly what you'd expect from Apple :p
    The only thing I hate is how Intel Processors burn HOT and the aluminium unibody shell pretty much fails at air flow...
    As for wi-fi, I haven't had any problems except for the occasional weak signal but that's because I have a cheap router.
    If it's anything, I'd buy a new router and/or set the old/new one to a secured WPA2 connection (maybe someone's using your wi-fi)

11. randomrazr macrumors 65816

12. Nielsenius macrumors 6502a

Hahaha, yes! Best post ever! All of those friends who bash me for spending $2,500 on a computer just don't get it... a Mac is like a drug.

In all honesty, I haven't had any issues.

13. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

I haven't had any problems so far but i have only had it for 3months. its amazing. i will never go back to windows again

14. akasch macrumors regular

No problems here either. It gets warm when I use intensive programs like CS5 but that really it

15. sam500 macrumors newbie

Font size is way too small for certain programs on my 15" high res pro. For example I'm unable to use the Mail app because text is just too damn small.

And battery life isn't great but this could be a Google Chrome issue.

Otherwise it's mainly been a pleasure to use.

16. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

17. KwanMan macrumors regular

18. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Most common problem: that it always just works, damn it! I hate when that happens.