Most Efficient Way To Sync Contacts With iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by knemonic, Feb 6, 2011.

1. knemonic macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone,

Curious what people have had the best experience with.

I had a droid and have been using a pixi, now im getting my iPhone from Verizon tomorrow.

I have used my gmail account to sync all my contacts with both my previous phones but have never used the Mac Address Book.

I have always preferred to sync to something online so to have an instant backup of all my contacts.

I know I can setup exchange service with google and the iPhone, but I had horrible experience with this and my pixi. I am not sure if this was a pixi issue (probably was) or a google issue.

The flip side of this is my brother is also getting an iPhone and is coming from an Alias, so his contacts are no where and he uses windows xp, no address book.

So I am assuming the best answer is to continue using google on my end, but I also read the iPhone works with yahoo as well, which my bro has a yahoo email account.

Any thoughts on the best sync options would be great, assuming it may be best to stick with google and maybe get my bro to come over to a google account just for contact syncing.

Thanks!

2. knemonic thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. GregOC macrumors newbie

Yes, the best for contacts (and also Google Calendar if you use it) is Exchange. Changes are instantly made on phone and online.

My brother has Pixi and I believe it is a Palm problem, he has an issue and I never do. Welcome to the iPhone!

4. Synergie macrumors 6502a

I use Mobile Me... syncs everything flawlessly between my Macbook Pro, online and my iphone. It does cost but at ~100.00 per year it's less than 10.00 a month and you get 20 GB of cloud space, and a free photo gallery too. In addition to contacts, it syncs your mailboxes and rules, calendar items, and notes as well. I like that everything is on one service instead of having to use a few different services to get the same results. (I know about dropbox etc)

There is a free trial period... and you can often get activation codes cheaper buy buying the box on Amazon or in store instead of directly through Mobile Me.