Most 'Elegant' & Slim Cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Macaroooon, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Macaroooon macrumors 6502

I love my IP5 as it is, naked, but there will be times when I need a case.

I'm currently using the Griffin Reveal - I hate it. Whilst it looks fine, it has actually marked the back of my phone, really ticked me off.

Currently I like the look of QDOS cases, but I wanted to see if anyone has any alternatives :)

Mainly looking for something slim, and attractive :)

2. Prospekt macrumors regular

The elago outfit is very nice and slim. And looks like the back of the naked phone

3. JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

Only problem is with the Black one. It's a fingerprint magnet.

4. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, not great then.

I've found a few I really like:

Case Zero 5
    Slight 5/ Ribber Slight
    Consize Slice and Consize Metal

5. solace macrumors regular

disagree... mine doesn't gather fingerprints any more/less than the black iPhone's regular back does

that said, as much as i love the Elago Outfit, it's a rather heavy case compared to the two I had on my phone prior :(

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

I second the Elago Outlook. I also bought the Slim case, I think it's called Slim5 but I'm not sure. Make sure you search on Amazon as they are about 40% less than the Elago site. And yes they are genuine.

The cases are gorgeous and whilst I'm always on the lookout, these two cases made me stop looking for anything else.

7. JNGold, Nov 13, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012

JNGold macrumors 6502a

JNGold

That's ok. Still, it can look nasty. I can't wait to dump this case and go with a bumper style and a matte back skin.

[​IMG]

8. numberforty1 macrumors 6502

numberforty1

9. solace macrumors regular

weird... mine doesn't get that way too easily.

that said, fingerprints on a phone are just a fact of life (especially on the screen, unless you rock a matte finish protector, which i don't like the look of any more (i used to use one).

10. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I used the Reveal for the 4S and loved the design of it (how the back was clear and it had the rubber sides) but it left permanent marks on the silver bezel. It's weird, they weren't exactly scratches, but spots.

With that experience I've decided to pass on the Reveal for the 5. What kind of mark did it leave on the back of your phone?

I've been hearing good things about the Atmosphere. If I was in the market for a case, I would probably choose it.
    http://www.yourpoetic.com/p/327/atmosphere-iphone5-case

11. Macaroooon thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes! Little spot type marks - really upset about it.

I'll check out atmosphere, thanks :)

12. ikl macrumors newbie

+1 for Elago S5 Slim.

13. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

14. Kenjichaz808 macrumors newbie

element sector 5

Element case sector 5... it has got to be the most damn sexy case ive ever seen for any phone... its expensive yes... but after almost a month of searching and searching I cannot find another case as sexy and well made as this one.

15. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

I have the white iPhone and as far as white cases go - the TPU ones have a tendency to discolor and yellow or get yucky especially at the corners and edges. So to avoid that, I've been looking for the best white plastic or polycarbonate case. So far I'm really liking the Elago Slim. The white one is shiny plastic and doesn't give any grip. However, I like that the white of the case is a bit warmer in color and matches the white iPhone rather nicely. Also, after a few days of regular use, I've seen no scratches.

16. madlovemonkey macrumors newbie

I've been using Boxwave's Tuxedo case and so far it's been great. However it's a glossy black case, so I have a habit of rubbing it on my shirt like an Apple every few seconds to keep it fingerprint free.