Most Ergonomic Mac setup?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by TheBMill, Oct 12, 2011.

1. TheBMill Guest

Hi all,

I have a wireless (chiclet style) Apple keyboard and Magic Mouse. While I love their wireless capabilities. (No need for USB dongle, etc.) I wonder if perhaps they're not the best choice\ for my health. I've been having pain recently in my wrists and wondering if I should change up my setup.

So, I was wondering what everyone else uses. I've read about this Evoluent vertical mouse, but some of the reviews don't seem sold on it.

Thanks

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This can't be answered here like this. The keyboard is not your issue per se. Your issue is likely how low or high you sit in conjunction with you keyboard. Google ergonomic set ups and see the illustrations of how people sit. Make that change and perhaps get a wrist guard from your local drug store. This will force your wrist to be straight throughout the day. I wear one probably about 10 hours total a week while I work on my right hand.

It's the repetitive movement and that I sit a bit too low. I should change it, but I don't.

3. TheBMill thread starter Guest

Thanks, I'll check this out. If this fixes the problem, I much rather not spend $100 on fancy pants mice.