Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dimwhit

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2007
It's been mentioned before, but I wish Apple would only allow people to post ratings/comments if they've purchased the product. I have no idea if this app is too expensive, but idiots leaving negative feedback on the price without having a clue what they are talking about is b.s.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
those are pounds.

pounds = 50 cent american

double 279 and its over 500.
ummm, you mean 1 dollar = 50 pence british? :p

It's been mentioned before, but I wish Apple would only allow people to post ratings/comments if they've purchased the product. I have no idea if this app is too expensive, but idiots leaving negative feedback on the price without having a clue what they are talking about is b.s.
+1 that. I didn't know you could leave feedback/rating if you didn't purchase the software. :eek:

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
The AppStore is rampant with trolls. Programs for Enterprise get low ratings from hundreds of 12 year olds based on price, not from businessmen based on functionality.

It's a broken rating model.

MacProPIMP

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2008
4 New Stores

I have an answer, Apple should create 4 new stores for iTunes.

1.) An E-Book Store.
2.) A Business Application Store, aka (Expensive as hell) store.
3.) A flashlight Store.
4.) A To-Do App Store.

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
This app is the single best reason for Apple to fix the app store shopping cart feature. Can you imagine, one accidental click and you're out 450 bucks :eek:

megahertz

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
This app is the single best reason for Apple to fix the app store shopping cart feature. Can you imagine, one accidental click and you're out 450 bucks :eek:

that happened to me when I got Super Monkey Ball. :p

maestro55

macrumors 68030
Nov 13, 2005
Goat Farm in Meridian, TX
The company which I work as an IT intern at has just announced that they will be buying a juniper product to set up an SSL VPN for our new online parts database. We will pay about $5000 for the equipment and another $30,000 for the license and support. Too bad I am not smart enough to start a business that caters to large corporations.

Orelhas

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2008
One of my clients is exploring producing an iPhone medical application. I'm not sure they would even consider charging less than $500-$1000. And at that price this app would be considered a "steal".

I'm actually surprised we haven't seen more of these out there. Enterprise apps have a huge advantage on the iPhone platform. There are very few limitations imposed by apple. The app is literally only limited by the development team's imagination.

My two cents.

--Derrek

Being a doctor myself, I'm very interested in anything that helps with the practice because quite frankly it's to much information to keep in your head, and to many breakthroughs to keep up to. So having some apps that help you with that is great. But those prices are too high if they are to be charged for every doctor. I some subscription that go to more less 300€ a year, but these are always updated with the latest information (updates every 3 months). For that price it better update every day! Also isn't that price for the server, and then the app for the mobile device is free (like I guess is the case with MIM Vista)? Because at least here in Portugal, usually the hospital or the medical college get's a group subscription and then those working/studing there get free (or cheap) access (it's not charity, it's the hospital best interest). I think that for those prices (if it's for individual subscriptions) it's too expensive for just one app.
Nice to hear that there's people making apps for us, though!

Jstick

macrumors member
Jun 10, 2008
For $449.99 you can buy the MyAccountsToGo - Dynamic GP!

It's for sales representatives and looks good, but...

$450?

There also seems to be a free version that does the exact same thing?

might as well get two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.