Most Expensive Portable 32GB USB HD

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by bm2amb, Jun 10, 2009.

1. bm2amb macrumors newbie

Most Expensive Portable 32GB USB HD

I always keep few 5GB files & thousands of 128-kb - 2.5mb files in my Buffalo 120GB anti shock hard drive, It works perfect! Especially the anti shock! But, every time when I start work with clients, I have to download everything into their platform which takes very long time. But the nightmare is to sync all files back to my hard drive, it takes forever. It takes more then 1HR to finished sync the file if the windows showing 40mins remanning. Sometimes it stop copying for some reason.

[​IMG]

I Have tried Lacie Firewire + USB drive, It works better with firewire for some reason, but not all my clients has MAC or 1394. have to stick with USB again. and I break it with many times of UN-CAREFUL. One of my mate suggest me, Why don't you try use USB + SSD ? That might be helpful ?? huh-uh ????? SSD + USB, Kidding me ? Can you imaging how much its gonna cost for 128GB SSD? and I am going to use it as USB HD, which limited in 480-Mbps ? What a waste? He convince me except the speed, It may enhance the random access read/write speed, anti shock, light.... Then, I brought a 32GB SSD to try see if it works...

I choose PHOTOFAST G-Monster 1.8 IDE 32GB, I had good experience with my previous 32GB Sata & 32GB 1.8".

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I realized havn't got any external usb case when I got my usb. It was around 9pm, no more MSY or Harvey Norman. Rang up couple mates to borrow a good chipset usb case

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The case is tiny, very suit for my SSD, I dumped 30GB files into my SSD by USB with lots of Big & Small Pieces (finishe in 30mins). then overwrite few hundreds of files and keep readapting. Its about 1GB /per Min, very stable so far. I will see how it work in real next week

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

interesting. will have to let us know how it works for you