Most minimal CD-R?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by e-coli, Nov 18, 2009.

1. e-coli macrumors 68000

e-coli

Hi I need to buy a new spindle of blank CD's and I'm wondering what the most minimal brand is as far as the design on the front face. I just want a very basic CD, but still very good quality. Suggestions? I had been thinking Memorex....?

2. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

Buy printable CDs from any manufacturer. The front face will be blank. That's about as minimal as you can get.

Ultra-generic CDs are usually blank as well if the minor price difference is a concern.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've tried those printable CDs, but they always get jammed in the printer! :D

4. dXTC macrumors 68020

dXTC

I wish I had an answer. Instead, I'd like to expand the question:

How about blank DVDs as well?

At one time, Sony had very minimal blank DVD labeling, but the quality is hit-and-miss.

I think I understand what the OP is wanting, and I totally agree. I hate when there are all kinds of logos and design elements over every part of a blank CD or DVD; it visually interrupts any hand-labeling I might do. I'd love to do Lightscribe for everything (my wife's Compaq has it), but the Lightscribe media is quite expensive in comparison.

EDIT: Thanks, Darth.Titan! I hadn't thought of printables.

5. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Over here we have maplins. I think your same is Tandy they should sell blank disks there silver on the top and bottom.

6. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

I bought some cheap at a computer store once. they had no image what-so-ever on the front...sometimes made it hard to tell front and back apart.

You could buy from Discmakers and get blank or white printed blank CDs and write what you want on them.

7. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2