Most of the problems with wallpapers are due the parallax effect

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Apple blogger, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Apple blogger macrumors 6502a

Apple introduced type of a 3D parallax effect which also brought in tonnes of problems...

1.wallpapers zoom a lot.
    2 Brings a shadow on the lock screen where the time is shown when reduced motion is turned off.
    3. It controls all the animations.. If reduced motion is switched on, the animations stop working(only in 7.1 beta) (eg. Weather animations)
    4. We can't set any wallpapers which is not the size of the screen ..(workaround - take a screen shot and then keep it as a wallpaper)
    5. The parallax effect is only good on some wallpapers, if u have a gradient wallpaper, it's of no use..

With iOS 7.1 they have tried to give a solution .. they have got an option of motion on and off when we set up a wallpaper which turns off parallax and keeps the animations..
    But if this parallax is just removed from the phone , all the problems will be solved in second .. These are just my thoughts about it..

2. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Why don't you pick the correct size for the wallpapers u want to use? Or just turn off parallax when 7.1 is released. Really not much of a major issue.

3. abshole765 macrumors 6502a

Even with parallax turned off it still zooms in. I can't even take a picture and set it without it zooming in. How much sense does that make?

4. mcfly88 macrumors 6502

With 7.0 I agree, but they solved all my problems with 7.1 :confused:

5. Apple blogger thread starter macrumors 6502a

Exactly, u can't set a picture which is not the screen size unless u take a screenshot of it, all of this wouldn't even happen if there was no parallax effect... Well at first this effect seems good but then there is nothing exiting about it and you will just turn it off to save battery...