Most Popular iPad Model

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rodster, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Rodster macrumors 68040

2. -TYLER macrumors regular

3. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah but there was another article that had similar results with people trading in their 1st Gen iPad's for the iPad 2.

4. jgc macrumors regular

Weird. I'm not surprised at all that the 16 gb is ahead. It's an expensive device and I think that most people can comfortably live with 16 gb with few compromises. I'm surprised that the 64 gb is ahead of the 32 gb though. I guess my mindset would be aim for 16 gb, if I don't think it's enough just go one step up. But yeah, all or nothing it seems.

5. Rodster thread starter macrumors 68040

I approached both my purchases with the idea that 16GB is not enough and 64GB is too much. I thought the majority would fall into that category as well. But the tip-off that my assumption was wrong was when I was at BB when the 3rd Gen's arrived. All they were selling were the 16GB model and the biggest seller were the Black iPad's. They had a few white iPad's and the black were all sold out.

6. iEvolution, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

iEvolution macrumors 65816

I think its best to go all out on devices like the ipad, its better to have too much capacity rather than too little. Its also the best value per GB.

I'm hoping that the 64gb sales are even higher this time around in order to convince Apple to bump capacities. It is long overdue as haven't seen past 64 gb since which was introduced back in 2009, with all the content Apple offers I would think we'd be at 128 by now.

Unfortunately I think the icloud and itunes match (which is one of the poorest implemented systems I've ever seen from Apple) is having a negative effect on local storage.

I am a pack rat and like to have as much stuff with me as possible, though admittedly most of my space usage is from music, something I don't feel the need to put on the ipad.