Most professional iPad Pro photo editing app

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by moxxham, Dec 14, 2015.

1. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

For my company, I edit studio shots with the apple pencil. However, I cant find an app where I can paint in a tint to certain areas of the picture. (I can in a few apps, however once you take the pencil off the screen and then put it back on, the darkness increases over the already painted area, therefore, it's pretty pointless when I just want it to be one tint darkness setting).

I honestly can't find anything. They all do very similar things in slightly different ways and all look pretty amateur.
    I hope Adobe makes the Lightroom app closer to that of the desktop version. I would gladly pay for it too!

So,
    What photo editing apps offer you the best and most professional editing tools?

2. nuvolari7 macrumors newbie

You can use the paint tool in Photoshop Fix to paint in a tint. It's the 3rd icon from the bottom right when you open a picture to edit. The tint will stay the same even if you go over a painted area.

I haven't found a photo editing app I think is really good. I do most photo editing on my MacBook Pro using Photoshop. Sometimes I use an app called Astropad which displays the Mac desktop on the iPad Pro. The pencil can be used to draw in Photoshop and many other Mac apps. My MacBook Pro is non retina. The output to my iPad does look a bit pixelated. I'm not sure if it would be better if a retina Macbook was used.

Does your company use PCs or macs for photo editing? Desktop programs offer many more features over iOS apps and file management is easier as well.