Most protective SmartCover back case with drop/shock protection?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by anthrovisual, May 1, 2012.

1. anthrovisual macrumors regular

I'm looking for a back case for the new iPad that works with a SmartCover and provides the most protection against shocks / drops?

Mainly, most cases that I have seen do not provide much protection for the front / display side where the iPad would be vulnerable if it hit screen side first. So I'm thinking is there a case with some sort of raised edge around or over the bezel?

Probably the closest example I have found is the iSkin solo Smart case, but I wanted to check with the community before committing.

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

3. anthrovisual thread starter macrumors regular

I see, so that's what they mean by "A lay on the table design offers superior screen protection. "

Could you post pics of the front? Preferably at an angle to show the raised edge? I'm surprised at how many of these manufacturers have a lack of images on their web site.

4. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Ok, these are blurry, but I hope you can see the edge. I took one with the Smart Cover too.

Attached Files:

5. anthrovisual thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you so much for sharing these! That was quick of you. One more question, does the SmartCover then fit within the raised edge when it is closed or does it overlap (thereby leaving a space between the cover and the screen). I couldn't tell by the photos themselves.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Had iPhone, took pic, uploaded to Dropbox, voila! :D

As for the smart cover, the edge of the smart cover kind of rests on the raised edge, so I suppose there is a very slight space, but it's hardly noticeable, and when I close the cover, it feels very snug against the screen. In fact, every time I close the cover, I'm amazed at how snug it feels, despite the raised ridge, and how the ridge doesn't seem to interfere at all with the smart cover's sleep/wake function, nor its ability to stay in place. I did get this cover from a store with a no-questions return policy, feeling a bit skeptical about how well it'll work, but it's turned out to be one of the best covers I've tried.