Most Respected Brands: Apple only tech company in top 10

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Rogifan, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not surprised that Coca-Cola is number 1, its the most recognizable brand in the world. I am surprised at kellogs, a breakfast cereal company - wow. Don't get me wrong, I like what they have to offer.

3. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

And Bayer? That one surprised me.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I had a friend who worked at Bayer and so that doesn't surprise me, he used to tell me of the products that they work on, and its quite impressive.

5. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Yeah, I almost went to work for Bayer. Interesting stuff.

As for this survey...

"CoreBrand determined its rankings through surveys of 10,000 business executives at 1,000 companies over the past five years, measuring how familiar people were with various brands and how favorably they viewed them."

So it's how executives see things.

6. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

This is about branding, not whether people should buy the products. Nobody needs soft drinks. Sugar is bad for you, just like your mother used to say. But, it is nice that Coke has found a way to sell its useless product in an inclusive, non-racist way for a long time.

Most big companies have some kind of dark side. Besides being headed at one time by Fritz ter Meer, Bayer has also been embroiled in the neonicotineoid pesticide controversy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neonicotinoids

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imidacloprid_effects_on_bee_population

It is unfortunate that (the majority of) executives don't look deeper than branding and profits.

7. Rogifan thread starter macrumors P6

Rogifan

Ah, so it's similar to the Fortune 500 most admired companies ranking (which Apple has topped for several years running). I find this quite interesting considering how hated Apple the stock is on Wall Street.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

What exactly do you mean? Considering that Apple has been one of the top companies (top 5 or so?) in market capitalization or valuation for the last 4-5 years or so? Doesn't exactly sound like "hate" ...