Most solid jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by lofight, Mar 30, 2008.

1. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

I've tried two ways.
    First the downgrade to 1.1.1 with itunes and ipod touch in DFU mode, then going to jailbreakme.com and jailbreaking 1.1.1, and staying on that one, because i don't have 7.5 . I liked it, and installing the iphone apps was super simple without a problem.

The second one, Restoring to 1.1.4 (non-jailbroken) then using ziphone. With ziphone i had loads of problems.. BSD root error thingy, the spamming AT ... then i couldn't get the iphone apps, it didn't work and i couldn't get the wobbly icons.

After that i tried jailbreaking it back to 1.1.1 in DFU mode, because i liked that one more, but I just couldn't get into the DFU mode. So the ipod got stuck alot, and after pressing alot buttons i got out. I also trief the Forced restore, but that didn't work... So now i have an ipod touch 1.1.4 non-jailbroken..

Is it than right to say that the first one is the most stable?

What do you think i should now do? I want to jailbreak it, but i'm scared it's going to go in the endless loop of restoring without achieving something..

2. dagored macrumors 65816

3. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

Do i also need to close itunes helper?

And what if i want to go to 1.1.1 ?

4. dagored macrumors 65816

1. Yes - just to be safe

2. I can't answer that. 1.1.3 is considered old. All the new stuff is out for 1.1.4 and getting ready for the June update. Remember, this is a personal choice on your part.

This jailbreak takes like 1 minute. It is so simple.

5. purpletarzan macrumors newbie

I jailbroke (or is it jailbreaked? Anyway...) my 16gig touch with ZiPhone 2.6b. It took a couple of tries to not have the problem with the keyboard freeze but now it seems very stabble, more so than 1.1.1 jailbreak I had on it before.

6. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

After that, with ziphone, with what source do i install the iphone apps?? Because i used applerepo.us or something and it didn't work..

7. dagored macrumors 65816

Look up ipodtouchmaster on google. Or ispazio.

8. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

9. dagored macrumors 65816

10. lofight thread starter macrumors 68000

lofight

thanks zo much! I'll try this soon..