Most useful software for MB?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mleibowi, Jun 19, 2008.

1. mleibowi macrumors member

I have about $100 dollars left to spend on software/hardware. I already bought an external HD, display, keyboard, all of the inputs, Adobe CS3, Endnote, quick keys, parallels, MS office (Mac/PC)... Can anyone suggest particularly useful software that would suite a graduate student and/or is useful for optimizing their MB's function? I have a few weeks left to spend the rest of my grant money.

thanks.

2. operator207 macrumors 6502

What are your talents and hobbies? I could tell you what I would buy, but you may not like purple hippos. ;) Tell us what your into, and maybe one of us are too, and can suggest something you have never heard of before.

3. mleibowi thread starter macrumors member

I'm a grad student studying medicine and cancer biology. In terms of interests/hobbies, I enjoy working out, the outdoors, playing sports, and I'm a African cichlid enthusiast (2 large fish tanks). This feels like a personal add!!! I've always had an interest in photography, but I never really explored it. I use my mac mostly for data analysis, spread sheets, power point, writing, etc... I have a few weeks before the money disappers.