Most videos thru Coreplayer have smearing, screen tear, especially during fast scenes

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by hellothere231, Feb 17, 2017.

1. hellothere231 macrumors regular

I'm trying to get videos working well through Coreplayer, but I keep getting this screen tearing/smearing/glitching effect, especially in fast paced scenes; only ones that work well are the ones I stream through SMTube. Because of this I have to switch to XBMC for movies/TV shows which doesn't have this issue but can stutter badly, especially on high-definition content. Anything I can do to fix this? Thanks.

2. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

What file type are you playing specifically, what codec, quality etc?

3. hellothere231 thread starter macrumors regular

The file I first noticed it on was a MP4 using the CoreAVC codec; its resolution was 640 x 352; but I realized that it was also visible on an MKV file using the same codec and a resolution of 852 x 480. However, on an AVI file with the CoreASP codec and a resolution of 624 x 352, I don't see any.

4. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Maybe an incompatibility with that iteration of CoreAVC then? Due to it's age, Coreplayer does have problems with certain files, for me it's usually 3gp and AVI.

5. hellothere231 thread starter macrumors regular

Perhaps; would there be any settings I can change to lessen the effect?

6. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Not that I know of, most of the advanced settings are to improve performance rather than fix incompatibility. When I come across a tricky file I switch to VLC or Mplayer.

7. hellothere231 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright then. Thanks for the help.