Mota & groupon do not back warranties

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MRvof, Jan 22, 2014.

1. MRvof macrumors newbie

My MOTA backup battery for my iPhone 4 (which I bought thru Groupon) failed after 11 months. Per instructions in the manual. which stated "1 year limited warrenty", sent the requested information to MOTA & and to it's main company, UNorth. I received an email from Dustin that a replacement would be sent. After three weeks, email inquiries as to when I could get a replacement went unanswered. Nothing!
    I sent all the emails to Groupon for their input and they replied that the unit was sold "without warranty." Nowhere in the ad, acknowledgement, or shipping receipt was this stated, nor in MOTA's instruction booklet. Groupon say "Tuff S***"!!! BEWARE if you buy electronics thru Groupon, it may not include the warranty protection you expect, or it it that the discount is based on warranty avoidance.?

2. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

You can't blame groupon on this. They just sell the product. The same would be so if you went to target and picked up the item. After the 90 day return policy they tell you that you need to go through the manufacturer.

3. MRvof thread starter macrumors newbie

You're right to a point. I went thru the manufacturer first. They were going to send a replacement until they decided against it. Groupon's response was the unit was "not sold with a warranty", which was not anywhere in the sales info. In fairness they finally gave me a credit of $10 against future buys.

4. MRvof thread starter macrumors newbie

Revised happy warranty update

Last week I got an email with tracing info that a replacement was shipped , and it arrived today. Maybe it takes this long to get messages in and out of China. I'll put it to work. How long it lasts is an open question. Maybe by posting my complaint on this site and placing it with Groupon I got favorable results. The lesson..factual complaining sometimes works.