Motevina by January Buying MBP Now

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ccl1590888, Jul 17, 2008.

1. ccl1590888 macrumors newbie

I predict motevina will only come out later this year.

1) with the release of the new iphone they want to focus the resources on that to sell 10 million (they are playing games by not releasing alot) They want to keep the hype on that

2) why would they release it during the school sale? the want to move the old out and the new in

3) With the redesign it may take longer then expected but then again the latest update was minor so they may have been working on one for awhile

4) Im assuming they will announce it at the conference in january

Those are some reasons why i think they wont be released. I want to get a macbook pro. i want to get it before college starts and im not sure what to do. Opinions on what to do and anything that may contradict my points please post.

2. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The MBP with Montevina will be out sometime in August (if not earlier).

3. ihabime macrumors 6502

They won't wait 6 months for montevina, the MBPs are the top of the line, they like to keep them more up-to-date than that.

They released new MBPs at the beginning of the BTS event last year and new iMacs right in the middle of it.

The Buyers guide is your best source for when things update, going by the numbers that will be mid-august to early sept and there's no way they'll put out an update without montevina.

4. ccl1590888 thread starter macrumors newbie

but that is all rumors...none of this is fact or announced.. you thjink hey will release it with the school sale?

5. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

if everyone who posts..
    " the new MBP will be out this tuesday or on july xxx" pays one dollar to macrumors for owning the prestige of being the "ONE" to SAY when and how the NEW mbp will be released..
    we could have thousands by now..
    by the number of posters... confidently claiming the arrival of the new MBPs..
    why not charge them for it:D

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Predictions are a dime a dozen. NO ONE knows what Apple will release next or when. It's all a crap shoot. You can guess all day long, but it's still only guessing.

7. II AndyG33 II macrumors regular

II AndyG33 II

Waiting for Montevina :]
    i think september will be the month...
    marks the end of the third quarter
    and gives them 2 months to introduce the montevina platform
    Most likely after the ipod touch promotion ends

8. niekverw macrumors newbie

the back to school starts in europe around that time...

9. Gloor macrumors 6502a

This thread deserves a slap in the face. If you followed the other threads then you would know answers to all your questions. Shame that people come and post funny "posts" without even checking up on a multipage thread that explains everything.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I completely agree!! When will people get the message? SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST!!! :rolleyes:

11. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Wonderful. Duh. Search next time. August is your best bet.

12. Firefly2002 macrumors 65816

13. Rivix macrumors 6502a

Rivix

No offence, but I don't think many people will change their buying behaviour because of your opinion especially when rumours suggest the contrary.

Besides, this is a rumour site. And they seam to point to sometime in Aug.

Well Apple isn't about going to announce a new product if its not going to be out for another month. They still want to make money from people who buy now.

14. Minimoose 360 macrumors 65816

Minimoose 360

I'm still waiting on bated breath for this update. I saw somewhere on the forums about a recent interview with Steve Jobs and him saying there is going to be a big release on July 24th? Hopefully that is when they announce the new MBPs, and also announce they will go on sale in mid-August :cool:

You guys think they will start selling them before August 22nd? I mean it's near the end of the month. That is the date I'm leaving for college, and I really don't wanna be that guy who goes to college without a laptop!!

We'll just have to keep our eyes and ears open it seems.

15. Eric S. macrumors 68040

Eric S.

Sure it's a guess, but it doesn't take a lot of smarts to guess that Apple won't give their competition six months head start on Montevina. Especially since Montevina has been delayed now for a month - Apple probably has its prototypes all working already.

16. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Short-sighted forum members think Apple is foolish to offer a FREE Touch with an updated Macbook. Apple does not get stuck with old inventory. The greatest insight into the business workings of the Back2School deal is that they are dramatically increasing the number of people that can access the App Store; where they turn 30% revenue.

17. ManWithhat macrumors regular

Someone else looked at the time frame that Apple releases updates from the Chipset's release date and it was between 1 and 3 months. Consider this, as well as the fact that Apple has updated lines during other promotions, I really doubt they'll leave the line without an update until the end of the year.

Apple hasn't moved pricing very often, you usually get a slight deal when you buy after an update, and on the other side, when you buy late in the cycle, the parts your paying for usually don't justify the cost.

You also have to consider that Black Friday, the busiest shopping day of the year, would significantly impact Apple's sales as well as potential customer (switchers) opinions when competitors have more advanced solutions for a cheaper price.

18. sk47 macrumors member

lol it almost sounds like your posting this thread to reassure yourself that theres gonna be no update around the corner XD

but truth of the matter is, technology is always updating and (especially with apple) anything can be just around the corner. and btw, mbp is most likely going to be updated before your prediction, cuz economically it just doesnt make rational sense =P

19. Stang68 macrumors 6502a

Stang68

For the last friggin time...YES, they will release it with the Back 2 School Promotion going on because they did it last year...TWICE! The Santa Rosa MBP's came out at the beginning of the B2S and the new redesigned iMac's came out during it.