Mothball a 2G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ezra, Jun 13, 2010.

1. Ezra macrumors newbie

I've got a 2g, it was replaced under warranty in February so its essentially new. The replacement is really nice, with good battery life. I'm probably going to upgrade to the iPhone 4 and will keep the 2g as a back up. Any advice on how to store the 2G to keep it in good condition over time?

2. ZZ Bottom macrumors 6502a

Leave it at about 40% charge prior to packing it up for long term storage. Find a good air-tight time capsule and a nice clearing in the woods. Just don't forget to leave a trail of bread crumbs to find later.

3. LetMeBlastU macrumors regular

LetMeBlastU

Thats was good. Real good

4. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah make sure it's air tight really well. LMAOL

5. yezza macrumors regular

LOL. But in an attempt to actually be helpful - the most important factor is probably storing it in an environment where you have a dry humidity. This would also be helpful if the temperature was also stable, probably sitting around 18-22 degrees C.

6. Ezra thread starter macrumors newbie

Couldn't I just take a picture of the hole with the new iPhone and use the geotag to find it later? :D

7. Mugambo macrumors 6502

Mugambo

Anti Static Acrylic Nitrogen Desiccators is the time capsule you're looking for. If you're serious, you could do this at home for under $250. :D

8. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Leave it in the box it came in and just put it somewhere safe, like a drawer or closet.

9. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

You should go around and charge money to anyone who wants to grandfather themselves into an unlimited data plan by activating their number on your iPhone 2G. ;)