Mother board problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AlexanderI, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AlexanderI macrumors newbie

Hi,
    got my pro 13'' mid 2010, with a new ssd hard drive. when im trying to reformat the hard drive in disc utility its says " posix report cannot allocate memory "

Does anyone else have the same problem? I have found information about this sata cable could be damaged. What do you think I should do, buy this new cable and hope for the best, or could it be hardware problem with the mother board?

I installed mac os x on the hard drive with my other computer pro 15'' -2013 model. it worked just fine, but when I replaced the harddrive with to my 13'' pro mid 2010, it wouldn't boot up. I just got this grey screen and nothing happens.

So, sata-cable or mother board issues?

2. Artilarygoboom macrumors newbie

try reseating the memory on the mother board, just take it out and put it back in. also have you tryed connecting that hard drive back to ur 2013 model to see if it works on that one? if it works on your 2013 model and not on your 2010 model it then you know the hard drive is good, Could it possibly be that your 2010 could be a a 32 bit processor? and the software you installed was 64 bit and the computer cannot read it?