My mother-in-laws PC just crapped out. A year ago her Dell did the same (It was a very old Dell and served her well). She has been getting very sick of Windows over the last couple years and wanted something more user friendly. I tried talking her into getting a Mac at that time but she wasn't into the little extra cost of the Mac. Even though she loved OSX and I explained to her that in the long run she would be saving. She got a cheap HP that she had nothing but problems with within a month of purchase (albeit the problems were with Windows). She is not too particularly computer savvy and I do well but I'm not nearly at the level that most on MacRumors are. Every time she had problems I had to try to help her fix them. When she used my iMac she never needed help and enjoyed the way that doing tasks made sense in OSX. Last week her power supply on her HP kicked the bucket and she says that she doesn't want to mess with it anymore no matter what it would cost to fix. She's sick of Windows. So...... she wants a Mac now but doesn't really want to spend the money on an iMac and I don't think that she really needs all that the iMac offers anyway. The Mini would suit her just fine. The only problem is that the Mini is at the end of it's lifespan in its current form but she wants the computer right now. I've tried to talk her into waiting a month but she cannot/will not wait that long. She will only be doing internet, email, iTunes, iPhoto, Pages, and possibly be using Bootcamp and XP to use two small Windows based programs she cannot get away from at this time. I was planning on getting her the base model 1.66 with wireless keyboard and mouse. I planned on seeing how well it handled the above tasks for her and if it seemed a little slow I would purchase and install or have installed more RAM. I'm wondering how well this Mini would handle Leopard. If it won't do well I'm not overly concerned. For what she will be doing I don't think she'll be missing out on all that much. We just need something that will last her 2 or maybe 3 years and she can then update again. I've explained this to her and this seems to be what she wants to do. Any thoughts?