MOTION 2 "unexpectedly quit"

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jimedit1, Jun 24, 2007.

1. jimedit1 macrumors member

I just got a new 4 core 2.66 mac pro, 5 gb ram (from Crucial). Everything newly installed and updated.

MOTION 2 is crashing after about 10-15 minutes each time i boot up the program. And I know the progeam is fine because i didnt experience this when it was loaded on my laptop (although it was much slower there, as you might imagine)

I cant seem to nail down any particular action that is triggering it... a couple times i was adjusting keyframes that were animating a size change, once i was scrolling through previews of the particle emmiter library...

I went into the drive with Disk Warrior and repaired some directory jumbles, but again, the program crashed.

What are my options here??

2. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Well it could be any number of reasons. Sounds like a hardware issue to me though. I have used Motion repeatedly on my Mac Pro and it has not crashed once.

Just to confirm are you running the Universal Binary version of FCS or the older version? Which version of Motion 2 are you running?

3. lancestraz macrumors 6502a

lancestraz

Do you have any plug-ins installed?
    Or try taking out the Crucial RAM and trying it.

4. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

are you running 10.4.10? Did it crash under .9?

5. jimedit1 thread starter macrumors member

i have no plug ins installed. Running FCP 5.1.4

I think 10.4.10 came out the day I set up my computer so I do no actually know if it would have the same problem under 9. Although I know that it ran fine on my g4 PB before.

Perhaps i should downgrade back to 10.4.9 and see if the problem continues, and if so, then deal with it as a RAM problem??

WHat do you think?

6. jimedit1 thread starter macrumors member

I did a tech tool diagnostic and ran the apple hardware test which both came up negative for any RAM, or any other system problems.

Do I still need to do the "take the ram out" and see what happens??