Motion 3 Training Book Advice

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ShakeWellProd, May 11, 2008.

1. ShakeWellProd macrumors member

I just upgraded to FCS 2 and would want to become a master at Motion 3. Do you guys/gals have any advice for good training books to learn this program?

I already went through the Apple Pro Training Series Book for Motion 2. The one that give you the footage of that Asian girl in front of a green screen, which I recommend.

I'm considering going with the Motion 3 version, but wanted to see if anyone has used this book or knows of something better.

Also, for all you Motion Pro's, do you recommend me learning any other software that is a must except Final Cut?

Best,
    Jesse

2. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

Jesse,

I don't know of a good book - I'm in the same boat as you, and so far I've just used the toturials/manual that came with Motion 3 from Apple.

Have you looked at Shake? If you like Motion, maybe Shake will also be interesting for you. There is some functional overlap between the two, but Shake takes some of those concepts to a much more powerful level - at the expense of a vastly different user interface concept and thus a steep learning curve. At any rate, Shake is a steal at its current price.

- Martin