Motion File Export Question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Jet Bycraft, Feb 25, 2009.

1. Jet Bycraft macrumors newbie

Hello everyone! :) My name is Jet, and this is my first thread. :D Now for my question...I would like to export motion files and work with them in Final Cut Pro. My FCP project is in HD-720p 30fps. Should I export the Motion files as DV NTSC Movie, Lossless + Alpha Movie or Pixlet Movie? :confused: Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...;)

Jet Bycraft
    :apple:

2. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

Export as the format that you are editing with.

Lethal

3. Jet Bycraft thread starter macrumors newbie

And that is? I do apologize for not understanding, but I really need to know. The three options for exporting un-edited files in Motion are DV NTSC Movie, Lossless + Alpha Movie or Pixlet Movie. Do you know which one one works best for my application?

Thank you for all of your time,

Jet

4. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Alternatively you can import the actual motion file into the FCP timeline and it will render using the same settings as your timeline. You will have to render the .motn file in the timeline before it can be played back.

5. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

What version of Motion are you using and how specifically are you trying to export from Motion? When I go File->Export I see a dialog box w/a plethora of codecs.

Laslo,
    I don't know if they fixed it yet but starting w/FCS2 rendering .motn files in FCP became painfully slow.

Lethal

6. Jet Bycraft thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that is one thing that I do know! :cool: All I want to do is export the files without rendering or saving it. The three options for exporting un-edited files in Motion are DV NTSC Movie, Lossless + Alpha Movie or Pixlet Movie. Do you know which one one works best for my application?

7. Jet Bycraft thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm using version 2.1.2. The three options for exporting un-edited files in Motion 2.1.2 are DV NTSC Movie, Lossless + Alpha Movie or Pixlet Movie. Do you know which one one works best for my application? Thank you. I really appreciate all of your help.

8. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

I am confused, you only have those 3 options? Perhaps I don't remember back to motion 2, but you should have all the same codec options that you do in FCP.

If you only have those 3 options, I would chose lossless + alpha.