motion issues...Temps maybe?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squeeks, Jul 5, 2007.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

So ive had motion crash on me three times since i started using it yesterday, ive noticed while im using it my temps are being reported at 74c for the cpu and 72c for the GPU

the mbp is sitting on my desk, open there is no restriction for the airflow, are these temps normal for my 2.4ghz c2d mbp?

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Try reinstalling it, it could've been a bad install of motion. And those temperatures are hot, but not insanely hot, so I don't think they are the issue.

3. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

i just got it monday so i can take it back next week if someone thinks there might be something wrong with it

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

As I said, try reinstalling it to see if that fixes it before you take it back.

5. rhagen macrumors regular

Those temps are not even that bad. I would reinstall it like ibookg4 has stated.

6. jettoblack macrumors member

Those temps are not bad at all for the 2.4. Did you install the Motion 3.01 update? According to a guy I work with, Motion went from crashing every 10 minutes to crashing once or twice a day after the update. Not perfect but certainly better...

7. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

yes

once or twice a day? thats horrible for a pro app, what is apple thinking??? its a mac its not supose to crash ever

8. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

yeah but that takes like two hours or so, i am getting a new HD for it today, i was just going to image the drive with my current drive image, but i guess i can try just reinstalling everything, that might help...