Motion Sensor

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lasalzil, May 30, 2010.

1. lasalzil macrumors newbie

Hi-

I bought a MacBook Pro a couple of days ago and after some worry found out my "click" was the motion sensor in the notebook. I was wondering if there is a way to make it "less sensitive" or turn off? It's driving me crazy, I don't know if mine is more sensitive than others or what. I did a Google search on it and it said in the "finder" menu you could select utilities to view the sensor, however I can't seem to find "utilities". Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

2. striker9 macrumors member

The motion sensor is set to trigger when it "feels" a motion comparable to free fall. You can turn it off with these directions if its a problem:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1934

When you pick up the computer, instead of suddenly moving it, slowly pick it up.

3. lasalzil thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! It's crazy... if I'm balancing it on my lap and I put my wrist quickly to the right of the trackpad it does it! CRAZYY. At first I thought something was wrong with it!!

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

Leave it on and adjust your habits. You're obviously being too rough with the machine.

5. striker9 macrumors member

It shouldnt be super noticable. It's a small inconvenience to risk your hard drive being damaged by movement.

6. djasterix macrumors 6502a

djasterix

It takes some time to adapt and ignore it, but it will save your data if your MBP falls...