Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
Who here has purchased Apple's Motion.....and likes it??
Does it produce quality effects? Would you ever consider putting them in a marketable production? Are there any planned updates to it? Motion 2.0 coming out anytime soon?? There seems to be not that much literature about what the application can actually do... and i'm quite interested.
Thanks!

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
On a jet plane
Don't want to come across as sarky here but have you looked at Apple's page on Motion? It provides a lot of info on what the app can do and gives you a quick tour.

There are a few reviews of Motion as well, here's one from PCMag.

:)

pdpfilms

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Vermontana
i just thought that they never really talked about specifics or gave any real examples....i may be digging myself a deeper hole here.....but looks like you can make butterflies fly around and light shine through text....kinda like LiveType with butterflies.

macrumors regular
Sep 5, 2004
Who here has purchased Apple's Motion.....and likes it?? Absolutely love it

Does it produce quality effects? Yup... personaly I like it more than after effects from adobe.

Would you ever consider putting them in a marketable production? Yes, I do

Are there any planned updates to it? not that i know of

Motion 2.0 coming out anytime soon?? not that i know of

There seems to be not that much literature about what the application can actually do... and i'm quite interested. ~ check http://www.lafcpug.org for more info, they got a fourm dedicated to the program with people that use it often.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
i'd describe it as nothing short of amazing, some of the stuff you can do with it!

one of the best programs i've got for my film editing!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.