Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
Can anyone help, this is fairly urgent. I have a project that ahs to be in monday, whenever I render it, it basically stops about halfway and exports the movie there, this means theres no sound aswell (i've exported audio only and it does the entire movie fine). Is this some kind of problem with running out of memory or something? It gets to about halfway on the progress bar then bam! my video appears, rendered... but its only about half of it.

Really urgently need to find a solution to this.

The videos used were all .mxf files, but I used a plugin for quicktime to export them all to .movs, they play in the timeline fine.

gameface

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2010
Boston, MA
Can you workaroud the problem?
-export audio
-export 1st third of project video.
-export second third of project video.
-export third third of project video.
stitch together in FCP.

Part of doing this type of work is learning how to work around your problems especially in urgency and this seems fairly obvious.

poohat1000

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 11, 2005
London
^ yeah thats my last resort, its not as simple as thirds though, there's a lot of people on screen talking to camera, it quits in random places so stiching it with lip sync will be a pain in the arse.

Currently trying to render it via compressor instead of inside motion

martinX

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2009
Australia
^ yeah thats my last resort, its not as simple as thirds though, there's a lot of people on screen talking to camera, it quits in random places so stiching it with lip sync will be a pain in the arse.
It's not a last resort, it's a necessary step in helping you identify the actual problem. That advice isn't intended to give you a completed project* but help you narrow down where they may be a corrupted asset.

*it may give you pieces that can be stitched together, but that's not the point.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
I have the same problems with a project some did in Motion 5. I've heard that you have to reinstall the app to get it to work. Unfortunately we don't have that option. The last tech guy (the one that installed this against our needs and left it there for the intern to use against our wishes) has it tied to his account.

So we need his Apple ID info to reinstall and get updates.

This is why Apple's model is VERY nice for small shops, but not so much for larger houses.

The project isn't due until middle of March, so if anyone else has any suggestions let us know . . . . otherwise the intern will be doing the project again in After Effects like we told them to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.