Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
Is there anyway to run Motion 2 on a macbook? I know that it's all to do with the integrated graphics card, but can it run anyway??

diadem

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2006
Glasgow
From the apple web site
Motion requires the standard graphics card found in any Mac Pro, MacBook Pro, iMac Intel Core Duo, Power Mac G5, iMac G5, a 1.25 GHz or faster PowerBook G4, or a 1.25 GHz or faster flat-panel iMac.

This is not a dig at your self, but could people use common sence and read the Specs needed that are stated.

Macbook will not work with Motion the Graphics card will just not cut it. This has been said befor meny times in other posts.

Is there any chance a Mod can make a FAQ post with links to posts that answer questions like this.

Thanks

Bob Jovi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
London
so it does actually work on a macbook then? obviously at a reduced speed, but i'd mainly be using it for just final cut.

diadem

macrumors regular
Nov 13, 2006
Glasgow
so it does actually work on a macbook then? obviously at a reduced speed, but i'd mainly be using it for just final cut.

yes it will run, but you will become rather frustrated with the "speed" Motion Is built around the assumption it has a dedicated Graphics card with dedicated Ram.

64Mb of shared ram that the GMA 950 in the macbook is very limiting It not designed for this kind of intensive work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.