Motion's App used 5.15GB to run ?

TT1TT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011

Hi Guys,

i am using a Motion 5 version 5.0 on my mac from couple months and everything was fine accept today, because if i want to run it will take of my ram a 5.15GB to work :mad:

i tried to restart my mac and the same thing

what should i do ?

Screen Shot 2012-05-27 at 4.13.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2012-05-27 at 4.18.14 PM.png

Last edited:

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Does it not run?

I'd not worry about the amount ram an app takes as long as it works as you expect.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
you have 4 gig of free ram, and I usually state that free ram is wasted ram but in this case it means that you have plenty of resources. If there is a slow down, it must be some other reason.

Has Motion suddenly become sluggish? Perhaps cleaning up its cache (if it has any) or plists may help

TT1TT

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
you have 4 gig of free ram, and I usually state that free ram is wasted ram but in this case it means that you have plenty of resources. If there is a slow down, it must be some other reason.

Has Motion suddenly become sluggish? Perhaps cleaning up its cache (if it has any) or plists may help

i have 4M not GB

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
i have 4M not GB

The amount of paging activity (page in/page out) is what's causing the slow down. It's using the hard drive as virtual RAM, which is of course a lot slower than real RAM.

Please sort by memory used and see what other programs are eating up the rest and then close out all those programs. (or just reboot and open Motion alone)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.