MotionX Poker Quest - removed from App Store ???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KevinPg, Nov 10, 2010.

1. KevinPg macrumors newbie

I finally purchased an iTouch 4 the other day (my first Apple product).

I've been playing MotionX Poker Quest on my friend's iPhone for a few years, so I was excited to get this for myself finally.

While searching the App Store, it wasn't there. I emailed the company who said they removed it and I did some goggle searches to confirm it was also removed. :confused:

Is there any way for me to obtain this game? I have no idea if someone is able to gift it to me or if I need to jailbreak the iTouch to get it (I'm a little clueless on all that type of stuff as you can see :eek:)

Also, any idea why this game was removed ?

2. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No idea why it was removed, did you ask the company?

The only way for you to have it permanently is to jailbreak your touch, install the mods that allow you to run cracked apps, and hope you can find a cracked file for the app somewhere. But discussions on how to obtain cracked apps aren't allowed in this forum.

You could ask your friend to log into his iTunes account on your touch, and download the game. He would then log out, and you would log back into your account. That should allow you to have the game on your touch, but you wouldn't be able to back it up to your computer, and you would lose it if you ever had to restore your touch.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B118 Safari/6531.22.7)

I contacted them about this a couple months ago. They removed it on purpose, something about wanting to focus on their other products. Im not a developer but how does leaving a finished product on the app store hurt?

I made sure to reply that I will never buy their products again since I never know which ones I might be able to use later!