Moto Droid can't be compared to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ouimetnick, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Dear Diary,
    So yesterday was the last day of school, and a kid gave me 15 minutes to use his Motorola Droid. So I would like to tell you about it. First off even with outs its case on it, I thought this thing was a brick. It was huge and super thick. Its design doesn't even look modern. The display was nice, and I couldn't even see any pixels on it, they were that small. But what gets me, is how boring the Android OS really is. Yes it has more features, but the OS UI reminds me of Windows 2000. No colors, just gray and black, and funny shades of green. the web browser can't even compare to Safari. His browser was slow, and using MacRumors on it was not fun. I can't believe in this modern age, Motorola would come out with a chunky brick, and google couldn't make a better UI. Maybe Android on HTC products is better?

Now i'm not saying the iPhone is perfect, but it has a MUCH better OS and a incredible UI, even though i thought it was getting old. iOS 4 will bring the iPhones that run it way ahead of the competition. Hardware wise, with mobile specs, yes they don't really matter, but on a computer they do. While the Droid by Motorola didn't have any pathetic defects like slanted sleep wake buttons, and not flush glass, it was a big chunk of cheap looking old plastic and metal.

Apple definitely has a great iOS, and simple design, and iPhone 4 looks even better than the 3GS, but the small defects like slanted buttons, and un-even glass is still un acceptable for a phone like the iPhone. Heck my Original iphone (2007) had flush glass, and perfectly strait buttons. I never found a physical defect with my Original iPhone(s). While I had my original iPhone swapped multiple times, it was due to failing parts, like speaker, home button, vibrator, and short battery.

Just wanted to give my OPINION on the Motorola Droid and iPhone.
    Feel free to add your own opinions and thoughts.

2. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

3. Gigzz macrumors regular

4. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Fixed it for you.

5. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

Jackpot!

6. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

...go on

7. callmemike20 macrumors 6502a

callmemike20

That's what she said.

8. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

I own the original Moto Droid and I hate it! I sold my iPhone 3gs for this thing? I was wanting to leave AT&t because I kept getting dropped calls and I had Verizon many years ago when I owned a Razr phone.

Well I switch and guess what, I get the same amount of dropped calls if not more, my phone freezes up constantly, and you cannot put any kind of phone protector on it if you want to use the home dock or the car dock. The one thing I really love about it is google navigation. It has saved me plenty of times.

I know many android fanboys are going to say that android is awesome because you can do so many things with the home screen but I have downloaded countless home screen apps and all have caused my phone to have problems. I just now switched back to my original home screen because of my phone screen acting screwy. I'm tired of the screen not wanting to switch into landscape mode when I want it to, and then when it's in landscape mode it doesn't always want to switch back. I'm tired of my photos that I take not showing up until hours later, or until I restart my phone. I'm tired of my phone freezing up when I get a phone call, then I'm not able to answer it and have to restart my phone.

There are many more problems I have with my Droid but I don't want to write a book right now. I'm so excited and looking forward to getting a new iPhone again. It has always worked flawlessly for me.

9. ouimetnick thread starter macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

I probably sound like an Apple fanboy, but I've only used the iPhone. I think the Palm Pre is cool, and I've even had a good hour to use it, and I think the Pre is more polished than these Android phones.

10. McBeats macrumors 6502a

my friend bought a droid, he loved it at first, now he wish he waited for the new iphone

11. OceanView macrumors 65816

From what I've seen, the iPhone is still a fantastic phone compared to the competition. They are getting closer but still a few years off.

I like the fact that there is competition.
    That is the only way Apple will continue to improve on their products.

12. M87 macrumors 65816

13. Godzirra! macrumors regular

Godzirra!

I don't think you ever used the droid... Or that guy ever owned it. I have had 0 crashes on it. I love it, it's an awesome phone. Easily one of the best on the market. Upgrading to the new iPhone 4 though cause I loke having the best new stuff on the market.

14. fuz10n macrumors member

fuz10n

android os has issues with stuttering and freezing. ios is much more smooth and polished in comparison.

15. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

This is just my opinion from my admittedly limited droid experience- but I've found that the openness of the droid app market is what causes a lot of those crashes. One thing that can be said for Apple's ways is that they usually won't release an app that will cause lag and crashes. Usually. Droid is full of apps that simply aren't designed right.

16. Gigzz macrumors regular

Ummm, hmmmmmm.

17. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

18. excalion macrumors newbie

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4323/widgets20theme2022.png

The iphone is better than the droid in the same way an unupgradable V8 is better than a V6 that can be turbocharged and installed with nitrous.

If you're a tech junkie, the V6 is definitely more interesting to you. If you're just a normal user, the V8 is enough.

19. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Are you sure you bought a phone? :eek: