Moto E v Skyrocket

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by mclld, Jul 3, 2014.

1. mclld macrumors 68000

I am currently using a Skyrocket(rooted and KK rom) which is more than enough phone for me. I have been good with specs for the past couple years and I do not like keeping the latest phones since I am so rough on them. I buy and sell phones/electronics so I at least always get to play with the new phones.

Anyway I came across/bought a really cheap Moto E and was wondering if it should be comparable in performance to my Skyrocket. It is due to be delivered on Saturday so I have not been able to mess with it. I am not concerned with the camera as I do not care about cell phone cameras. If the Moto e is as good as the Skyrocket I know I could sell the Skyrocket for probably more than I paid for the E.

2. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

I would recommend getting a Moto G instead. You get a lot more phone for just a little more money, it's worth every penny.

The Skyrocket is a Galaxy S2 right? The Moto E probably has similar performance but the Moto G will exceed it noticeably.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. You'll be much happier with the G.

4. mclld thread starter macrumors 68000

I have already bought the E and I only paid 50 bucks for it. That is the only reason I bought it otherwise if I was going to spend 150-200 I would buy a used GS3, Nexus 4 etc. So like my op says, which between the two I posted?

5. 0dev macrumors 68040

0dev

You probably will notice an improvement coming from such an old phone but it won't be super significant.

6. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

All of the current low end Android devices are using midrange chips from 2011/2. Considering it's stock out of the box, you shouldn't have any issues, it'll run really nice. Android excels less on crazy specs, and more on good ROM builds.

I had the Skyrocket too. It's still sitting in my drawer.

7. khha4113 macrumors regular

khha4113

Except Moto E is limited by HSPA 21 and only has 4GB onboard storage (although you can add microSD up to 32GB). Moto G LTE also has only 8GB.
    Samsung S2 Skyrocket is LTE capable with 16GB and microSD as well as removable battery. I used it before, and was very satisfied.
    I considered both of them before, but in the end I got Nexus 5 which IMO is the best bang for the bucks.