Moto S9-hd

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by cosmaboy, Jul 20, 2009.

1. cosmaboy macrumors member

hi,

Have just bought these headphones and am using them now.... one question are you able to control your iphone from them???

I don't seem to be able to skip tracks etc..... haven't tried answering a call yet, just wonder if anyone has got them and knows whether this works

ta

2. Resist macrumors 68030

According to the Motorola site, the S9 has track controls. What does your manual say?

3. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

you have to wait for 3.1 software in order to do voice commands(3Gs only) and skip forward and backward when listening to music.

4. Love Juice macrumors regular

you can answer a call, pause / play, but cannot skip tracks. though your headset supports it, your phone does not (yet). a future update will probably take care of that though. (as well as voice controls for your phone)

5. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

So far no voice controls or track skipping, at least on the S9's andy word ont he S9 HD doing so?

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

There's no track skipping or voice controls with the S9-HD

7. CADer macrumors 6502

CADer

do other bluetooth headphones (not just headset) have these features or is it another iphone limitation?

8. scott99 macrumors 6502a

On a side note, though I miss skipping tracks with my wired earphones, I really love these ! Great sound, ease of use, I just love them.

9. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

It's an iPhone limitation. Apple added only A2DP Bluetooth profile when 3.0 OS was released, that enabled us to stream music to our BT stereo headsets. We need the AVRCP Bluetooth profile in order to RW, FF, Skip etc (other controls) on our iPhone, unfortunately it wasn't released with 3.1.2 ... still waiting for Apple :rolleyes:

Been using my S9-HD for exercises, very useful.

10. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

I just tried voice control again on my S9-HD headset and voice control does work.

11. lemonademaker macrumors 6502a

lemonademaker

In a Van Down By The River! Metro Detroit!
    how the s9hd's working out for you? do you work out/run with them? just wondering if your getting the "cut-out" effect i'm hearing about with those...

12. Stormbringer macrumors regular

I was wondering that too, and reading the reviews and comments I would guess that 40% of the running people have this problem.

Anyway, I think I'll try one from Hong Kong from eBay. You can get them under $40 shipped, and the feedback is pretty positive on all sellers...

13. ck37 macrumors newbie

I've been using the S9-HD's for the past couple of months with my 3G S. I love these headphones!! great sound quality good for working out and running. They have great stability even for skipping rope.

The range is funny, you can have the phone in your pocket and it will still connect and everything works well, put your hand in that pocket for a second or two and sound will cut out. In the gym though I can lay the iphone under the bench, go get weights, walk around and perfect connection.
    I think the connection cut out issue many refer to is a bit exaggerated from my experience with the headsets. Even in the package Motorola explains the range of the headphones to device on the body. If you are really concerned, use an armband.

Sometimes depending on the exercise, when using a flat bench, you might find a bit of discomfort because of the back part of the headphones when lying down, but you can adjust them a bit. For me, it seems to be good in the sense it forces me to not bend my neck and keep my head flat.
    The voice control is nice, but after a while you look like an ass speaking "next track". Having said that, I hope like others here, that the future software upgrades from Apple allow for better bluetooth control.

Sometimes the headphones have better connection than other times. I have had instances where pause and play do not control the phone at all. A power cycle on both devices seems to fix the issue. Also Voice dialing from the headset will result in loss connection from command to execution. I blame Apple more on this as it's a software issue with the phone rather than the headsets.
    Last, there is a slight delay from iphone to headphones sound wise, but nothing that ruins the experience, unless your watching a number of videos with them.

Overall a great purchase and the most comfortable, best sound I have tried thus far.