Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
The Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus will be almost twice as expensive as the Moto X Pure.

Were it not for the easy integration of my iPhone with my iPad Air and rMBP, I would order the Moto X Pure as soon as it's available. The top-of-the-line Samsung phones are nice, but they're not almost twice as expensive nice to me.
http://www.zdnet.com/article/eight-...edition-instead-of-the-samsung-galaxy-note-5/
Eight reasons to buy the Moto X Pure Edition instead of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
Any updated Style/Play camera info or samples? Always put me off Motorola before so it's the deal breaker for me.

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
Were it not for the easy integration of my iPhone with my iPad Air and rMBP, I would order the Moto X Pure as soon as it's available. The top-of-the-line Samsung phones are nice, but they're not almost twice as expensive nice to me.
Eight reasons to buy the Moto X Pure Edition instead of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5

The problem with the Moto X 2015 is the back button placement on such a wide phone. I simply cannot comfortably reach that back button. Now at least LG on the LG 4 gave you the option to move the back button to either side. The iPhone 6/6+ has the gesture back and Samsung has the back button on the right. If Motorola did what LG did and give us the on screen button placement option I would buy it day one. Until then no deal and I expect this will be a issue for other people also.

Reactions: jamezr

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
Just found out through moto chat the moto x style has NO video to tv out options. No miracast and no mhl cable support. Nothing! That is the deal breaker for me no matter how inexpensive it is.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Just found out through moto chat the moto x style has NO video to tv out options. No miracast and no mhl cable support. Nothing! That is the deal breaker for me no matter how inexpensive it is.
I think your just talking to a support staff that hasn't a clue. There is no way it wouldn't support cast screen.

Moto X 2014 Pure

cac8483e285cfdb8698439b9a7500179.jpg

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
I think your just talking to a support staff that hasn't a clue. There is no way it wouldn't support cast screen.

Moto X 2014 Pure

cac8483e285cfdb8698439b9a7500179.jpg

Doesn't mean the Moto X Pure 2015 will have it.

mclld

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2012
I thought Cast was a built in feature of android, if so every phone with 5.0 and up should have it unless some crappy skin like Touchwizz/Sense etc disables it so they can use their own service

Mildredop

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2013
Why have they gone down this road of confusing naming? Moto X Style and Play mean nothing.

According to their website, the Moto X Style is if you love the latest tech and the Moto X Play is if you live life to the fullest, 24/7.

I'm none the wiser...

And I really don't see anything worth upgrading from my 2014 Moto X.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
US
Really? ..... Moto X Style ... What's that cast screen icon ;) :p

moto-x-style-pure-edition-0009-640x427-c.jpg

It might have it...but saying one model will have an option just because the previous model had it not correct.

Cast screen is built into stock Android BTW.......

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Why have they gone down this road of confusing naming? Moto X Style and Play mean nothing.

According to their website, the Moto X Style is if you love the latest tech and the Moto X Play is if you live life to the fullest, 24/7.

I'm none the wiser...

And I really don't see anything worth upgrading from my 2014 Moto X.

For USA they aren't even releasing the play I believe.

Reactions: gotluck

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
All of you who are posting screen shots of "cast" have you ever used it successfully? Because as mentioned cast is built into android and DOES NOT WORK on Moto x series. Never did and it looks like never will.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Reactions: milo and Six8

vikingjunior

Cancelled
Aug 17, 2011
What??? You've been able to direct mirror since Decembers update ....

http://www.droid-life.com/2014/12/1...-guest-mode-beta-mirroring-fresh-material-ui/
Again the chromecast dongle must still maintain a WiFi connection for guest mode to work. It's not comparable to say Samsung all share cast which truly does screen mirroring without ANY Internet at all. Miracast works the same way true peer to peer without ANY internet, airplay has true screen mirroring except the content has to be on your device already so no hulu or netflix.
Chromecast would be fantastic if it could work without the dongle having to maintain a WiFi connection. Miracast is the industry standard and it's unfortunate that the Moto x style left it out.

gotluck

macrumors 603
Dec 8, 2011
East Central Florida
Again the chromecast dongle must still maintain a WiFi connection for guest mode to work. It's not comparable to say Samsung all share cast which truly does screen mirroring without ANY Internet at all. Miracast works the same way true peer to peer without ANY internet, airplay has true screen mirroring except the content has to be on your device already so no hulu or netflix.
Chromecast would be fantastic if it could work without the dongle having to maintain a WiFi connection. Miracast is the industry standard and it's unfortunate that the Moto x style left it out.
I thought we were talking about Chromecast mirroring? It's good to know it doesn't support miracast but this is semantics argument now.

Reactions: milo and MRU

JaySoul

macrumors 68030
Jan 30, 2008
At least this is reminding me that there are plenty of ways of getting my stuff on screen if the Apple TV is out of commission.

Reactions: MRU
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.