Moto Z2 Force revives the headphone port

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Tsepz, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Tsepz macrumors 68000

Tsepz

Seems they may be going back on their "courageous" move to remove it in last year's Flagship.

Exclusive: Moto Z2 Force revives the headphone port (new renders and video)
    [​IMG]

http://www.androidauthority.com/exclusive-moto-z2-force-renders-video-764254/

2. mclld macrumors 68000

Forget the Force, I hope I hear something about the Z Play 2

3. GrumpyMom macrumors 603

GrumpyMom

Yay! My carrier doesn't support this phone but I am still happy to see the headphone jack get some love. I'm still using it like crazy on my Androids and iPads and cursing its absence on the IPhone 7 Plus. Of course I enjoy wireless, too, but it's great to have options, especially options that don't need to be charged separately.

4. Breaking Good macrumors 6502a

I know this topic has been beaten to death. But I'm amazed that these hardware companies learned nothing from the Windows 8 debacle.

Microsoft tried to force its new tile interface onto consumers who weren't interested in it and an operating system that had a lot going for it in enhancement became a pariah. This is the same thing smartphone vendors have done by removing the 3.5mm audio jack to force people onto bluetooth.

Note, Windows 8 did a lot under the hood in improving the stability of Windows 7. But you'd never know because of the hatred it received because of Metro tile interface.