Motorcyclists! Getting 'Move' credit while riding?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by porkrind, Sep 27, 2017.

1. porkrind macrumors regular

porkrind

I don’t have hard data yet, but my sneaking suspicion after a couple of commutes on my motorcycle I’m getting too much credit for my 'Move' ring while I ride. This isn’t super surprising, as my Fitbit would usually credit me with several thousand steps and about sixty flights of stairs during my ride to work. but the Fitbit also had a way to credit a block of time to a driving activity, and it would wipe out all the spurious steps.

Assuming my suspicion is true, anyone have any ideas for getting around this?

2. risenphoenixkai macrumors regular

I've noticed the same thing, especially if I go over a lot of rough or twisty roads (which are in abundant supply in my part of the world). I don't consider it that big of a deal, but if it's a problem for you, the simplest solution would seem to be taking the Watch off and putting it in your pocket while you ride. It's not really serving any practical purpose while you're on a bike anyway... I certainly can't feel any of the "taptic" notifications when I'm riding my motorcycle, and even if I could, I wouldn't be able (or willing) to act on them.

3. porkrind thread starter macrumors regular

porkrind

I think that's what I’m gonna have to remember to do. Thanks!

4. predation macrumors 65816

Up up down down left right left right b a select start

5. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

You must be one of the few responsible riders that are left. It seems like most motorcyclists I see today are texting on their phones while riding down the road! :confused: