Motorola HS12 vs Jawbone

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aries326, Feb 27, 2008.

1. Aries326 macrumors 6502

Alright, I left my JawBone in the call room and someone took it home. Pretty pissed off. People usually just leave things where they are knowing that the resident will eventually come back looking for it. Anyway, I'm in the market for a new BT headset.

Anyone here with a Motorola H12? It looks smaller and more comfy, but does it sound as good? Thanks for the input.

2. milk242 macrumors 6502a

From what I hear, the jawbone noise isolation is the best and the moto pure comes close but it's not as good. I've had a jawbone too and it was great but I always thought it was too big. I'm trying to decide between the moto h12 and the blueant z9.

3. Aries326 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmmm... I'll have to search the web for reliable reviews. If I went a step down on the sound quality, I'm sure it will annoy the heck out of me.

The BlueAnt looks promising. I'll have to read up on that too.

4. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

I found the call sound quality to be stellar on the H12
    Very crisp clear and even some bass. The noise cancellation is also good.
    It all depends on the noise. I found the jawbone to be a mediocre headset at best. It is good at noise cancelation but you end up sounding like your using 2cans and a string, actually the can method has better sound.
    It is all relative. Buy the H12 from a reputible dealer and if you don't like it take it back. With that said, I dont know what it is with the H12, but the more you use it the better it seems to work all around.

5. Aries326 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm a little wary of buying another Motorola headset since my other 3 headsets were plain awful. I'm willing to try the H12. You have a point, I can always bring it back if I buy it from a store instead of online.

6. Chris29 macrumors member

I actually have a black M12 on my desk with the receipt ready to go back to OfficeMax right now. Not so hot for the money on the iPhone in my experience and fit not so great fit. It is better than my old ones I have tried (moto 500, 700, jawbone, and some cheap AAA powered motorola i got at walmart on a trip when i forgot mine on trip), but barely. I bought it as I am looking for something low key, small, and not so visible.

My $0.02:
    - sound quality = great, but with a background buzz/static
    - fit = not so great. sits neither in or on the ear. loop puts no pressure on outer ear and earbud does not fit in ear.
    - construction = nice, but you are guaranteed to loose or break that ear loop. its like dental floss. samsung as a similarly designed BT unit where they sell the earloops separately for replacement. says something.

the M12 always had some buzz or noise, especially in my home office. It could be just my place, with the router, phone, 3 computers, and wireless (though 6.0) phone. i'm in sales and on the phone a lot at home and in the car, so i put them through a pretty tough test so to speak. buzz always there.

i've used the jawbone with my old treo, and though pretty looking and ok with noise, the metal ear loop was not perfect. overpriced and i looked too much like a smart ass too ;-), but i'm getting old ;-). sold it.

I just picked up a Plantronics 330 (59.99) and its absolutely outstanding. zero noise, crystal clear sound both ways, great volume, and tight comfy fit. i'm not easily impressed, but i am now a plantronics preacher/customer for life. a co worker suggested the brand. he's now a little annoyed seeing my $60 unit sounds as good as his fancy silver $150 -900 series model (though, he looks cooler ;-)

The 330 is a little big, but its not flashy and is understated i highly suggest this inexpensive, outstanding performer.

7. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

I don't know much about the M12.
    Sorry to hear about yours.
    However we were talking about the H12.

8. Chris29 macrumors member

I hear ya rablat, but they look enough a like for me to steer clear enough away from it. Google the images. In my experience, similar looking motorola performs similarly (better proof: Ive yet to hear raging praise for any moto headset). Just MO tho...

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Friend has the HS12 and the Jawbone. I've use the Jawbone myself.

Motorola one hisses a bit and the sound quality isn't as good.

I don't if it was just mine or what, but the metal ear piece tarnishes after a couple days on the Jawbone.

10. Aries326 thread starter macrumors 6502

Looks like the H12 is out of the picture. I can't go back to a headset with less quality in noise than the Jawbone. I might have to look up that Plantronics 330.

11. ikm19 macrumors 6502

ikm19

One more vote to blueant. Just read its reviews you will be shocked...

12. buymeaniphone macrumors 6502

buymeaniphone

I haven't tried the H12 yet, but I currently have the Plantronics 665 that I got from the Apple store, and I have to say that for $100 its probably the best earpiece I've ever purchased (and I've been using earpieces for a few years now). I actually owned the Jawbone but returned it for this earpiece because I couldn't find a comfortable fit, but the quality is equal in my opinion. Plus you get a usb charger, wall charger and really cool cigarette lighter car charger with it.

13. tim2006 macrumors 6502

apple bluetooth headset

how about the apple bluetooth headset??