Motorola Q 3 Bars vs iPhone 3G Zero Bars?!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zepharus, Jul 25, 2008.

1. zepharus macrumors 6502a

zepharus

here is my issue. I am a switcher from Verizon in Upstate NY (Syracuse), where I always had pretty much full signal in my home office. when I switch over to the iPhone 3G I now am getting very frustrated as I fluctuate between no service and half a bar sitting in my office. To make matters even more frustrated I am in a very popular suburb and when Im 100 feet from my house on the main road I get full bars and 3G coverage!

If that was not bad enough my buddy just picked up a Q and in my office the freaking thing picks up 3 bars and full 3G. I am stating to think, obviously, the iPhone simply has crappy reception of the signal. Anyone else experiencing this and frustrated???? I also love the phone but am completely underwhelmed with network performnace vs Verizon.... GRRRR

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Different companies, different signal types, different system. The 3G signal on at&t only has one frequency space to work in, Verizon has two. I'll bet you have full EDGE coverage because your local tower hasn't been upgraded to 3G yet, but one just down the road has.

TEG

3. zepharus thread starter macrumors 6502a

zepharus

Maybe I was not clear... My friend also has AT&T and has the Motorola Q or whatever the AT&T version is called....He has 3 bars and full 3G I have ZERO and Edge in my office in the same exact spot..

4. davidlw macrumors 6502a

Yep, the MOTO Q has the best reception of any phone that I have owned. I own 2 of them because no other phone on AT&T will pick up in my office. My wife has one and I have one. I will be using the 3G mostly as a data device for Mobile Me and a Verizon BB Curve for voice calls. What APITA.