Motorola S9 and original iPhone pairing?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by natalie addict, Jun 12, 2009.

1. natalie addict macrumors newbie

How does one get these two to talk? I have the iPhone Bluetooth at "Now Discoverable" with the device list listing the Motorola S9 but not paired. The headphone is on with the steady blue light indicating that it is looking to be found. So what is the problem?

2. zulkiflim macrumors regular

zulkiflim

Heya

With current software ver 2.XX you cant pair them unless you have the blue tooth adapter.

And dont go out rushing to get an adapter,ver 3.00 software upgrade will fix it for everyone.

3. natalie addict thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah well, too late, I already got an adapter, a Sony BT10, but guess what, the S9 does't pair with it either!

And since I have an original iPhone I won't be able to use the new 3.0 software either.

4. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

5. shrimpdesign macrumors 6502a

shrimpdesign

Stereo Bluetooth doesn't work on the original iPhone.

6. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

Have you gotten it to work with advancing tracks. I couldn't believe the volume up and down works but when I try to advance to the next track it just beeps and doesn't do anything.

7. natalie addict thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes I can advance tracks, I don't what to say to you, I just tried it and it works.

8. natalie addict thread starter macrumors newbie

But if you get a Bluetooth dongle like a Sony BT8ip you can.

9. UltraZ33 macrumors 6502

UltraZ33

hmm i have the S9 HD and the skip forward/backward doesn't work for me.

10. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

But you are using the dongle right? Maybe that's why I can't since I'm just using the bluetooth in the phone.

11. natalie addict thread starter macrumors newbie

I have an original iPhone so I need to use the dongle to get stereo BT to the headset. There isn't much to do with the dongle, you pair it with the headset and away you go. I used it for the first time this morning on my morning walk and all the buttons on the headset worked fine, volume up/down and tracks up/down.

Which iphone do you have?

12. Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    Yeah, I've got an iPhone 3G and the Motorola S9-HD too, pause/play & volume work, but not skip and go back. Anyone know what's up with this?

13. jonnyp28 macrumors newbie

Hi

How have you got yours to advance tracks ?

14. drj898 macrumors newbie

Same situation...I was actually directed to this board through Google after searching for solutions to the same problem all of you are talking about. I just ordered myself a pair of Motorola S9's thru Ebay and just got them today. I'm so so so happy with them but the ONLY thing that doesn't seem to be working with my iPhone 3G with 3.0 software (obviously) is advancing tracks. The buttons on the S9 doesn't skip any tracks forwards or backwards. It just makes the sound effect for it, but nothing happens. The same song keeps playing. If anyone gets any solutions and/or any reason as to WHY this is happening, please email me...scamahoy@yahoo.com. Thanks :)

15. gmusto macrumors newbie

s9 skip problem

I have the same problem with s9 and os3 where skip functions don't work. I read on another site that the S9 HD model does work so I went out and got a pair. I have the same problem with that model. When I plug in the Sony dongle to the iphone and pair with that, all features of both S9 and S9 HD work. Looks like there is a bug in OS3 A2DP code. Has anyone gotten this to work?

16. marra2 macrumors regular

marra2

dont buy the s9's they're well known for the volume buttons failing as mine did !

17. natalie addict thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried the buttons by the right ear and it works. I didn't have to do anything else special. Now I am using the Sony BT dongle since I have an orignal iPhone so that might be a factor.

18. wsayegh13 macrumors newbie

Not being able to pair iphone 3GS with S9

does the 3Gs iphone needs an adapter as well? i am unable to pair it with the Mot S9 head set? can anyone help?

best